PDA

View Full Version : Ground control 3.0 panel box

TandE
05-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Looking to move my auto level touchpad to a different area other than the front compartment. What I want to do is mount it in a door in a lock box like you see on some fifth wheels.

Question is where can I find that lock box they use? I’ve been searching for days and can’t find a part number only pictures of it. Anyone have one and can see if it has a part number or manufacturer name on it?

Thanks.

Fishsizzle
05-31-2019, 08:34 PM
JR Products 21102-A Polar White Multi-Purpose Hatch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGK1Z2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_daG8CbK2M7VGX

MarkEHansen
06-03-2019, 01:54 PM
If you're just trying to get easier access, Lippert sells a remote control for it. I had to contact them and give them numbers off of the controller box (not the panel, but the actual brain box which is mounted inside the trailer). It's expensive though...

TandE
06-03-2019, 01:57 PM
JR Products 21102-A Polar White Multi-Purpose Hatch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGK1Z2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_daG8CbK2M7VGX

Is that all they really are?

If you're just trying to get easier access, Lippert sells a remote control for it. I had to contact them and give them numbers off of the controller box (not the panel, but the actual brain box which is mounted inside the trailer). It's expensive though...

I have the remote and I cracked the screen so it’s a pain to use now. I’d rather just move it so it’s easier to use and not worry about the remote.

Fishsizzle
06-03-2019, 09:56 PM
Is that all they really are?

I have the remote and I cracked the screen so it’s a pain to use now. I’d rather just move it so it’s easier to use and not worry about the remote.

Yep that’s all they are. I can take a pic of mine on my 5th wheel in the morn for comparison

John&Genny
06-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Ground Control To Major Tom......Ground Control To Major Tom.......

Sorry, saw the title of your message and immediately thought about the song “Space Oddity” by David Bowie, one of my favorites. Now that I completely derailed the thread, sorry, and continue on :)

Fishsizzle
06-06-2019, 05:38 AM
Ground Control To Major Tom......Ground Control To Major Tom.......

Sorry, saw the title of your message and immediately thought about the song “Space Oddity” by David Bowie, one of my favorites. Now that I completely derailed the thread, sorry, and continue on :)

I can’t go that far back, Major Tom for me is Peter Schilling. 1983

Here’s the panel

TandE
06-06-2019, 06:09 AM
I can’t go that far back, Major Tom for me is Peter Schilling. 1983

Here’s the panel

Thanks for that. Gonna order one up today.

Customer1
06-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Some manufacturers mount the control on the inside of the baggage door and upside down. When you flip the baggage door up the control is now right side up and right in front of you.

TandE
06-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Some manufacturers mount the control on the inside of the baggage door and upside down. When you flip the baggage door up the control is now right side up and right in front of you.

That’s not a bad idea either I’ve never seen that before.

I think the box is a better idea for me cause I’m going to mount it in the propane door so it’s easier to see my goosebox and ball when loading the trailer to the truck.