PDA

View Full Version : Made it to Sturgis and Back

matandjen
09-01-2011, 03:33 AM
My wife and I decided a year ago to take our first trip to the Sturgis Biker event this year. We actually used the trip as our opportunity to pull our new Fuzion 360 Touring Edition III for the first time. I am pleased to say that after close to 4,000 miles there and back, the TH did great.

We had the opportunity to stay at the Buffalo Chip for almost two weeks and had a blast. What a great unit and what a great time.

antiqfreq
09-01-2011, 04:23 AM
So happy for you!

You had a great, safe trip and a wonderful time to boot........

Happy travels,

Jo

g_right99
09-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Glad to here you had a safe trip. I'm planning on going next year...why did you choose the chip? what did it cost...can you bring your dog? thanks

matandjen
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Glad to here you had a safe trip. I'm planning on going next year...why did you choose the chip? what did it cost...can you bring your dog? thanks

The chip had the best concerts and party scene in my opinion. Tons to do and a solid group of people. spent 1,000 dollars for 3 people for 2 full weeks (Including 3 waste dumps and all concerts).

No pets allowed from what I hear though. I did not see any campgrounds that allowed larger animals though.

If you go, have a great time. I know we did :)

jq1031
09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Sturgis...went there in 2007. The RV rigs were unbelievable, million dollar motor homes hauling trailers with their bikes, every kind of rover that you can imagine...gotta go back..

matandjen
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah,

it was pretty incredible. People were arriving by helicopter....

Retired CSIGuy
10-03-2011, 03:20 AM
Been to Sturgis several times now and have learned a lot. If you like a 24-7 party, 24/7 loud music, and 24/7 loud pipes, AND lots and lots of cleaning of your RV and bike when your are done, Buffalo Chip is for you. They water the roads but it's still dust city, and it's packed wall to wall, tent to tent. If you like to go to the craziness and then retreat in the wee hours for sleep, then stay at one of the many other RV parks spread from Rapid City to Spearfish to Deadwood. For convienence, we like Piedmont as it's 10 mi to Sturg and 10 miles to Rapid City (major shopping and Blackhiils HD), but we also like Deadwood/Keystone/Hill City areas, tho are are a bit further away, about 18 -20 miles, but very pretty. Think we might try Deadwood area next year. More Buffalo Chip info....the sooner you go to their website the cheaper the weekly wristbands are. The wristband for the week, which includes all concerts, are the best value providing you get them way early, like..... now, for 2012. Daily wristbands can be purchased also, and are good for 24 hours, but the only problem with that is right now you don't know who's playing yet. The closer you get to Rally time, the higher the prices. When it comes to the concerts, here's some tips. It's a standing deal. Get there early and take stools or chairs(small folding stools work great. You can also pull your bike in and sit on it if you've a mind, providing you get there early enough. Be prepared to defend your space. If you get up close to the stage, once the concerts start, you have to agressive about defending your space, otherwise people will crowd in front of you and block you or your wife's view and step all over your stuff. The biggest problem you'll have is with drunk chicks...the fit-shaced girls were the worst. I actually had to snatch this one brunk ditch by her hair out from in front of me where she crowded in. Also, DON'T place yourself right next to someone's bike if they are sitting on it. As things start to get crazy, these folks start using their bikes as noise makers instead of clapping...in a word....harsh!...not to mention if the drunk accidently kicks it into gear at 5k RPM.....talk about plowing wheat to anyone in front of him. The Black Hills are one of the best riding spots you'll ever see.....tons of cool places to go. I steer clear of the large group rides myself.....too many bad riders in the herds. You'll love it tho. Quite the specticle. Get your wristbands soon and get ready to have some serious fun!