PDA

View Full Version : Matching spare wheel

blubuckaroo
05-30-2019, 07:40 AM
We've just bought a really great looking Passport travel trailer. It came with really nice alloy wheels, but the spare tire has a standard white wheel. How can I get another alloy wheel to match?

KeithInUpstateNY
05-30-2019, 07:49 AM
The spare should always be covered with a tire cover to prevent UV damage so you never see the rim unless you have to use the spare, but if it really makes a difference to you start with either your dealer or trekwood.com.

JRTJH
05-30-2019, 07:50 AM
It's probably a Tredit T-03 wheel or a "similar knockoff". You can find them here: http://www.tredittire.com/wheels/t03

Once you have the part number and size/bolt pattern you need, then search the web for the best price. Amazon, etrailer and Summit Racing all have good pricing at times, but prices change "almost daily" so shop around for the best price.

travelin texans
05-30-2019, 08:19 AM
Yea! What John said.
Your dealer would most likely look at you like to had 3 heads & Trekwood, although could get them, are about the most expensive place to buy rv materials in my opinion.
If your spare is exposed I agree a cover is necessary, but if mounted underneath that nice pretty wheel will just be covered in road grime all the time so why waste the money.
If you're lucky you'll NEVER have to use the spare.
I've had 3 5th wheels the last 15 years & have only had the spare on the ground on the 1st one 14 years ago as the rv was used & came with crappy LT tires.

IMASAP
05-30-2019, 08:33 AM
I bought mine on Amazon, around $100 each. Just double check your size / bolt pattern.

https://www.amazon.com/Machined-Aluminum-Trailer-Wheel-Capacity/dp/B006UH5W6O/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=sendel+t03&qid=1559233892&s=gateway&sr=8-16

blubuckaroo
05-30-2019, 08:41 AM
We've just bought a really great looking Passport travel trailer. It came with really nice alloy wheels, but the spare tire has a standard white wheel. How can I get another alloy wheel to match?

Good point.