PDA

View Full Version : Water on the floor.

Derek
05-28-2019, 05:46 AM
My 2018 26rbs has not been a good experience so far.First the slide gearbox leaked grease on the slide roof and ruined the membrane.The dealer is 150 miles from my home and.it cost me 100$ in gas to make the trip to get it fixed.I took the camper to the lake for the memorial weekend and when I opened the slide there was water on the floor.After cleaning this mess there were no more problems the rest of the time we were at the lake and it did rain...with the slide open.I brought the camper home yesterday and left it closed up.I came out later last night after a rainstorm and the floor was covered again.After cleaning it up again I left the slide open and it rained again at 2 am.Checked it this morning and it was dry....very frustrating and I'm gonna see about returning for a refund or a guarantee of future water damage being fixed.

NH_Bulldog
05-28-2019, 06:41 AM
Just a thought; We have had our camper sitting here both with and without the slide room extended. No water issues during or after rainstorms. But last weekend it rained while we were camping and while breaking camp to head home. After we set it back up to clean/unload a few things a day or two later, there was water on the floor near the slide. As it turns out, when the slide room was brought in it basically squeegeed some of the water off the roof and sides of the slide, but there was still water that eventually succumbed to gravity and pooled on the floor inside. Short of using a rubber squeegee on a pole (like a window washer), or installing a slide-out awning, you are going to end up with water on the inside if you put it away wet. This may not exactly fit your situation, but it could indicate an issue with the rubber slide seals that should be checked.

Derek
05-28-2019, 06:48 AM
Thanks,I didnt put it away wet,the water showed up after a rainstorm when the slide was closed.Thanks for the reply!

Logan X
05-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Maybe look at all of the seals for the slide when you are pulling it in. They may be not flipping like they are supposed to.

This was posted by Chuckster57 in another thread:

You have sweeper (flap) seals on the top and sides. That seal is held in place by screws or staples. On the outside edge of that is a bulb seal shaped like a D. The silicone on that outer edge isn’t critical, the corners of the sweeper seals and the position of the D seals is more important. Make sure the top D seal extends past the side seals.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37748

Derek
05-28-2019, 11:18 AM
Thanks...I'll take a look.