PDA

View Full Version : Flojet water pump air spitting

chris7913
05-26-2019, 05:41 PM
Hello all. I have the factory Flojet pump in my Sprinter. I dewinterized and did my regular routine. After filling HWT and bleeding air out the pump won't shut off when all the faucets are closed. I turn pump off manually and system holds pressure, no leaks. When I turn the pump back on and open a faucet I get above normal water pressue, followed by below normal pressure, air spitting then normal pressure. Turn off the taps and pump won't shut off. I dealt with this for our entire weekend trip. Would you think that a leak on the inlet side allowing air in is causing the pump to not get up to proper PSI or do you think the pressure sensor is gone? First time trying to trouble shoot a water issue. Thanks in advance.

chuckster57
05-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Go around and operate EVERY hot and cold outlet until water is steady. You may have an air pocket somewhere. If your positive you’ve bled ALL the air out of both the hot and cold lines, if the ump still runs you one of two issues. Either a failed diaphragm in the pump or a leak somewhere.

chris7913
05-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Go around and operate EVERY hot and cold outlet until water is steady. You may have an air pocket somewhere. If your positive you’ve bled ALL the air out of both the hot and cold lines, if the ump still runs you one of two issues. Either a failed diaphragm in the pump or a leak somewhere.

I camped all weekend this way. No leaks anywhere. I tried to bleed system several times with no luck.

trucker LOU
05-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Hey Chris, check outside shower valves,on my springdale they leaked air into system. Also if your flojet pump uses retainer clips rather then screw on fittings they are prone to air leaks. ----Lou----

chris7913
05-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Hey Chris, check outside shower valves,on my springdale they leaked air into system. Also if your flojet pump uses retainer clips rather then screw on fittings they are prone to air leaks. ----Lou----

Checked outside shower when I dewinterized. I felt like the quick connect with o rings would be a possible issue. Almost want to switch to a shurflo pump with screw on connectors.

chuckster57
05-27-2019, 07:51 AM
We only install shur flo when doing any replacements. Failure rate is extremely low.