PDA

View Full Version : slide out issue

Dave T
05-25-2019, 02:50 PM
We have a 2009 Passport Superlite 189ML. It has a small slideout with a couple of cabinets and a fold down single bed couch.

For no apparent reason an issue developed where when you push the slideout button the bottom of the slide out extends outward normally but the top lags behind.

Once it gets to about half way out the slider then tips outward and the top catches up with the bottom.

On bringing the slideout in, again the top lags behind to the point where I have to grab the top of it and tilt it in by hand.

The trailer is level, I've never carried much in the slideout cargo door beside water hose and tarps, to my knowledge no one has ever slept on the slideout fold down bed, the most weight it gets is one person sitting and some articles of clothing. OK, the dog but he weighs 9 lbs!

I regularly lube the slideout gear and track, and condition the rubber seals as well.

photo 1 slideout being retracted, top is lagging
photo 2 view of slideout
photo 4 lying on ground looking up at bottom of slideout outside
photo 3 lying inside on floor looking at mechanism

Any ideas?

many thanks.

Logan X
05-25-2019, 03:08 PM
I wonder if the top inside and outside seals might be sticking causing the top half to lag behind. I know you said you conditioned the seals. I wonder if some baby powder on them might help keep them from sticking. Just a thought, I hope it helps.

chuckster57
05-26-2019, 07:31 AM
In your third picture it sure looks like the nuts have slid down form their original position. Maybe move them back up?