PDA

View Full Version : 2008 hideout ac frezzing

Kirtleyr91
05-25-2019, 01:28 PM
Trying to figure out if I can DIY or have to take it to someone . Frezzing up on us today not cooling only 79 out and it's under a roof not in the sun. What could fix it or what kind of recharge does it take. ??

dwall
05-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Are the filter and coils clean? This is the most common cause.

rhagfo
05-25-2019, 06:25 PM

Next is cold air returning to the coils. Make sure the two sides in the ceiling are separated, I used foil duct tape. We also closed the cold air vent at the AC unit, just cool through the ceiling vents.

Kirtleyr91
05-25-2019, 06:27 PM

So got up there and looked it is frozen! I guess the coils your talking about?? And if so that is what was frozen tomorrow will check them turned unit off for the night. The filter inside was pretty clean I went to wash it and that was a bad idea it Disintegrated ... we just got this camper and first time using it so finding all the issues now...but it take r22 and we are having no luck finding that cheap ...

Kirtleyr91
05-25-2019, 06:34 PM
The two sides inside the camper? Where the filter goes? Do you have pictures to help?

Kirtleyr91
05-25-2019, 06:36 PM
So got up there and looked it is frozen! I guess the coils your talking about?? And if so that is what was frozen tomorrow will check them turned unit off for the night. The filter inside was pretty clean I went to wash it and that was a bad idea it Disintegrated ... we just got this camper and first time using it so finding all the issues now...but it take r22 and we are having no luck finding that cheap ...

chuckster57
05-25-2019, 06:43 PM
RV A/C units are not considered “serviceable” as there is isnt any high/low side ports.

It sounds like it’s freezing up due to a failed or mis placed freeze sensor. It’s usually white wires with a metal “bullet” tip that is inserted between the coils. Depends on brand/model as to where it goes.