PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water holding tank

roadglide
05-25-2019, 10:08 AM
I know my gage is off. I ordered water flow meter the hot water tank took 11 gallons I removed the hose from shore connection and put the hose in the water fill cap and filled the tank with 90 gal of water I waited then added more water I did that procedure 3 times and could only get 90 gal . I was expecting 110 gallons that keystone advertise for fresh water .

JRTJH
05-26-2019, 05:54 AM
The 110 gallon fresh water capacity includes ALL fresh water in the trailer. If you have a 12 gallon water heater and a 110 gallon "advertised capacity" then actually, you would have closer to a 98 gallon fresh water tank. If there is a "OEM installed" accumulator tank or other devices, they may/may not be included in "total water capacity".....

The tank capacity is rated with the tank sitting "on the bench" using measurements that "assume" the tank is "unrestricted from bulging". Once the tank is installed "between the bulkheads" in the trailer with supports under it that "restrict bulging" then it won't hold as much water as it does "on the bench".

Anyway, the water heater "fresh water capacity" is included in the "total fresh water capacity".

My Cougar is listed as a 43 gallon FW capacity. I've got a 6 gallon water heater and a 37 gallon FW tank.

roadglide
05-26-2019, 01:08 PM
That makes since John . I had the women monitor the idiot lights while I read the flow meter at 55 gallons it hit full top light that means 35 gallons to 2/3 to empty . 110 gallons ideal condition . It seems to be misleading I get 90 gallons of water use.

Racebug
05-29-2019, 06:43 AM
I don't know how much to trust those water meters. My TH is listed to hold 110 gallons, and I have repeatedly put close to 125 gallons in it according to the water meter.

roadglide
06-05-2019, 05:58 PM
When I get home I'll fill up a milk jug or 5 gallon bucket useing my digital flow meter.