PDA

View Full Version : Turn off flame effect in electric FP

GeoZ
05-23-2019, 06:16 PM
Have a 26" Titan Flame Model: EF-30BF electric fireplace. Is there a way to turn off the flame effect and only use the heat feature? Had guests sleeping in the living room of our Cougar 32RLI but they commented the flame lights were annoying when trying to sleep.

travelin texans
05-23-2019, 07:45 PM
Easy! Just tell them to look for the word "H O T E L"!!!!!

sourdough
05-23-2019, 08:02 PM
My trailer is in the shop and I don't know offhand what my fireplace is, but, I have different switches/buttons for heat level and "flame" level down to off. Does yours not have that?

GeoZ
05-23-2019, 08:45 PM
One of the buttons gives 5 levels of brightness for the flame. It can be dimmed down but not turned off.

bobbecky
05-23-2019, 08:57 PM
There might be a button named Dimmer, and that would be the button that adjusts the flame light.

notanlines
05-24-2019, 03:03 AM
I believe your unit has 3 40 watt bulbs. Remove 'em and 'no problem.' Or have them call this number 1-800-Imotel6...Although I believe TT already suggested it, but failed to give you the number.

Fishsizzle
05-25-2019, 06:30 PM
The wheel squeaks on ours. Drives me insane! I have the flame pattern memorized to when the dang thing will squeak

penra
06-06-2019, 03:21 PM
The wheel squeaks on ours. Drives me insane! I have the flame pattern memorized to when the dang thing will squeak

Ours squeaks too! Very annoying but I've yet to look into it further. I did remove the fireplace to install Ethernet cable for my Internet receiver and it was a breeze. Furrion brand.

It has many settings including 'heatless" for ambiance which seems ridiculous but...

ken56
06-06-2019, 03:58 PM
If you don't ever want to use them then pull it out and unplug them.

Fishsizzle
06-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Ours squeaks too! Very annoying but I've yet to look into it further. I did remove the fireplace to install Ethernet cable for my Internet receiver and it was a breeze. Furrion brand.

It has many settings including 'heatless" for ambiance which seems ridiculous but...

The “heatless” works on my old lady dog. She loves the heat but it blasts us. If we just turn on the fireplace, she thinks it’s hot and falls right to sleep. Crazy little dog

Frank G
06-06-2019, 05:06 PM

I just take the hearing aids out, all is quiet, easy fix.

Fishsizzle
06-06-2019, 08:11 PM

Internet receiver?

penra
06-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Internet receiver?

We get Internet via microwave and use a radio as a receiver. It's surprisingly good.

Fishsizzle
06-06-2019, 08:33 PM
We get Internet via microwave and use a radio as a receiver. It's surprisingly good.

Gotcha, I need to get internet on a new piece of property for my biz and need “wireless” internet as it is not serviced by phone or cable