PDA

View Full Version : Fender Moulding / Parts List

vibetech1
05-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone. We recently had the dreaded tire blowout and in the process lost the plastic moulding on the fender skirt of the kitchen slide out. Has anyone had to replace this or any other part specific to the 2014 3900FB? I've done a few searches but can't find a parts list anywhere. Trekwood's website has a few but not for the kitchen slide. I hate the thought of having to order through a dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

sourdough
05-18-2019, 01:50 PM
I am assuming you lost the plastic fender that attaches to the J wrap/panel? If so, it may be iffy. I looked at the Trekwood site; they had quite a few for the Montanas - none of those would work? I've replaced my fenders multiple times and it is a 2014 as well. Thankfully they were within a short period and under warranty. I bought mine the last day of Feb. and when one went missing in August it had already been "discontinued". They did find one but the wrong color and had to paint - they just got 2 so they would match. You may encounter something like that with yours. I wasn't aware that the fenders were different between the slides???

JRTJH
05-18-2019, 02:56 PM
It seems unrealistic to think how difficult it is to get plastic RV fender skirts, but as you're finding out, they are not easy to find.

You might want to do a Google search for:"Keystone plastic rv fender skirts" I just did that and found 138,000 results. They range from online trailer supply stores, EBay, Amazon, WalMart and a host of other sources. Possibly you can find the correct fender skirt, but chances are good that you'll need to have it painted.

A suggestion, if you can't find a matching piece, is to buy both sides so they match. Then, realistically, nobody (but you) will ever be "comparing sides to see if they are the same..... I only discovered this year that my trailer, a 2014 model, has decals on both side, but they aren't the same. I noticed the difference when I compared photos of the roadside and the curbside. I can say that as much as I've "looked at my trailer though the years" I never realized how different the two sides really are. I say that to demonstrate that it's extremely unlikely that anyone will ever notice the difference with your trailer.

ChuckS
05-19-2019, 05:29 AM
Give these folks a try....

https://www.icondirect.com/categories/RV-Exterior-Parts/Fender-Skirts/