PDA

View Full Version : Residential refrigerator ice maker.

donsantell
05-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Last fall I hired an RV repair man to winterize my Keystone Alpine 5th wheel. However the ice maker stumped him. He used antifreeze to winterize the waterlines and drains and ended up using antifreeze for the ice maker as well. After the fact I read in the forum that I’ll never be able to get the taste of antifreeze out of my ice. I also just now read in the keystone manual how to drain the water from the ice maker. It also said do not use antifreeze. What are my options to correct this problem? Is it much of a problem to change out the water lines going to the ice maker? The ref ridge is a Samsung and is in a slide out.

larryflew
05-18-2019, 10:05 PM
Shouldn't be any worse than the antifreeze in you drinking water lines. I'd flush it out and give it a try b4 running new lines.

ctbruce
05-19-2019, 05:52 AM
This is just my opinion as I dont own one. The problem will be in running enough water through the system to flush it out. If you can over come that obstacle then you might find joy.

ChuckS
05-19-2019, 07:20 AM
‘Tis why we use a portable ice maker. Less issues to deal with during winterizing. RV antifreeze taste will eventually purge. You’ll just have to run it for a few days and dump ice often