PDA

View Full Version : sprinter 311bhs

firemedic16
12-19-2007, 06:25 AM
We just bought a new sprinter 311bhs, It is winterized and sitting in my driveway. Does anyone have experience with this model ? We have not used it yet but we are looking foward to the spring time. So far, We have noticed the interior finish work isn't the best quality.
Any first hand, " look out for this " Info would be helpful.

lynch5
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I bought the 311 bhs May 2007, love the floorplan but it ends there. This is my second Keystone rv as my first experience was great, so I hoped the second Keystone rv would be just as nice (NOT) As I write this it has been in the shop for apx. 75 straight days. All the cabnets in the rv have delaminated and are being replaced, at a very slow rate. They order parts and they come in wrong, and have to be reorderd. I just hung up with Keystone Customer service ( my first call to them) since my dealer has been taking care of things. I decided to call Keystone today as I am just fed up with how long our rv has been down and want real answers to how much longer I have to endure this. Keystone read my file and told me they are waiting on the entertainment center to finish the repairs, however the "wood shop" that handles that is closed for a couple weeks, so give them some time. "Sorry for the delay but just keep on waiting" is their response. I have also noticed that the screws for the plastic corners on the slide outs rubbed into the sidewalls of the unit. The dealer replace them with shorter screws and painted the wear marks but the damage is cosmetic and needs no further attention. And if all this wasn't enough for you the first problem I bet you will find is the doors to the front bedroom fall off every time you tow the rv. Mine have been in for this 3 times already for this problem. The dealer has replaced the track and rollers and still the same problem exisit. This is not an isolated issue either as I have a friend who bought the same rv after seeing ours during our first trip. They have the same problem everytime they tow the rv too, the doors fall off. I am a strong believer that every company who manufactures anything has the ability to make a lemon and even if you spent triple on the rv it could be a lemon. But I am starting to fell like many others on here that Keystone doesn't care about the inconvience to the customer. I had a few trips planned over the last couple months and had to cancel them all but keystone doesn't care. My advice is take photos and keep all documentation of service

firemedic16
01-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the info. I HOPE you bought the only bad one, but I have a feeling you didn't.

Anyone have anything good or bad to add about this model ??

josapy
03-11-2008, 03:33 AM
I was going to buy this model but not sure now. My wife and I liked the floor plan but I was drawn to some of the visible ttentions to details that alarmed me. Flat head screws not all the way in, staples holding on trim around doors. Have either of you guys looked at others still thinking of which model to choose. Also looking at some of forest river rvs.

soapstone4031
10-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Love the floor plan and once we get where we are going enjoy it very much. However, Have had to put it in the shop almost after every trip out. Purchased new in 2005.

Keep popping top breaker in breaker panel. Had breaker switch replaced but still have problems tripping breaker when running air and microwave.

Poor quality workmanship. Staples pulling lose in drawer guides. I have had to change over to wood screws. Interior Ceiling joint strips are coming lose. Decorative wood grain tape (to cover seams) was never installed straight and is wrinkled. Coming lose in many places.

Rear bedroom slide out hangs up at times and crushes light fixture cover and bulb.

Problem with lose hydraulic lines on slide out pump.

Bathtub drain worked lose and flooded bathroom and back bedroom.

Super slide developed a leak and interior walls had to be replaced. Covered under warranty but have musty smell that will not go away.

Have had to replace both rear bedroom and front bedroom daylight vent covers due to cracks in plastic.

Have had trouble with gutter over awning leaking at mid point. Dealer caulked it twice.

Have issues with extreme sway. Have added reese dual cams. Tires have been aired up to max inflation. Sway is better but still very noticeable. White knuckle experience. Talked with one other 31bhss owner with identical problem and similar tow vehicle. Tow with Ford Excursion V10 4 wheel drive.

Dealer has been responsive but hard to believe a a $20,000 + trailer should need that much work in the first couple years of ownership.

jules13
11-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I know that the 311BHS is not the top of the line RV out there but for the money that I paid for it I expected a better quality RV. I am very pleased with the layout, the bunk area, the wrap around table, etc. The problems that we have had have been with the quality of the fixtures. The drawer slides have been terrible. Thank goodness my husband is an RV repairman because he has been kept busy fixing items in my 2007! Also, the floor flexes extremely when you walk through the kitchen area. We have had the problem with the breaker popping in when trying to use the microwave with either the air conditioner or anything plugged in the outlets on the outside of the trailer. Hopefully Keystone will consider providing an extra circuit on future models or whatever it takes to resolve this annoying problem. As far as the doors falling off the tracks, the only time I have had this problem is if I don't secure the doors with the snap straps that are provided. Each time we move the trailer with the straps snapped in place we don't have any problems with that. The bottom bunk bed had the deck collapse and rip a hole in the back wall where there had been a screw that supported it that was screwed into just the wall cavity. It should have been screwed into a wall board atleast. My husband had to resupport that whole back wall of that bed in order for it to be used. We love camping in this but it sure has been a large amount of upkeep for such a new camper.

CampingBandit
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
We got our 2008 TT in March of last year, and as with any brand, it had some issues.

We had some concerns, and then buyers remorse, but in the end we are optimistic that all has been resolved.

Our warranty things: Little things - loose trim pieces, broken drawer glides, laminate coming loose on dinette; screw cracked TT skirt. Big things: Screws piercing slide seals and damaging outside wall of TT.; T.V. bracket came loose on first trip and tv sent crashing into the living room; Bedroom door rubs wood panelling; Water leak, May and September, causing extensive water damage to wood finishes.

Overall our dealer has been great and there haven't been any problems with Keystone and warranty issues. We had it in twice during the season for things that couldn't wait, and then started a list, including the water leak/resulting damage, saving everything for the end of the season. We took it to them for winterization and storage, and while there they fixed everything.

We suspect our leak happend when the slides were pulled in, as we camped in heavy rain and never saw water leaking anywhere. So they repaired everywhere there was water damage (the entire section of cabinetry in the kitchen sustained water damage where it meets the floor) and the trailer looks new. If my stuff weren't stored in there and little "birthmarks" that identified it to me, I would have thought they had given us a new unit.

The slide was "adjusted" and despite recent heavy rains, no new water damage, so I'm pretty sure that was the source of the leak. Overall, I'm very pleased. Areas of quality control they fixed, and/or improved. I do agree there are shortcuts they take that they shouldn't, like the cheap plastic drawer slides, etc., or make it a little more camper friendly, but overall I'm satisfied with the value for the price.

It was the floorplan that appealed to us, but other brands had the same floorplan and we compared them all, narrowed it down to the Jayco, Zinger and then decided on the Keystone. Almost went with the Jayco but the Jayco salesman wasn't trying hard enough for our sale and I didn't like some of the finishes.

Overall I have no regrets, looking forward to the season, can't get here soon enough for me!

JRPSR
05-30-2011, 10:34 AM
I have replaced the drawer slides I COULD reach, with a slightly better slide, but it still has the plastic bracket that screws to the wall. I have NOT found a way to reach the drawer slides in the narrow drawers. May resort to making wooden slide angles that fasten to the walls, etc.Can o' worms. It seems necessary to empty all drawers,or, pull them out full and place them to "ride" on the floor......
The LACK OF STORAGE IS ANOTHER SERIOUS FAULT with the 311BHS. I have plastic storage boxes sitting in the way, but you gotta have some stuff; oh well just have to make the best of it.......:rolleyes:

Jay Pat
05-31-2011, 03:58 AM
My wife & I have the 2011 Sprinter 310. So far, we are Happy Campers!
Pat