PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Ejohnson
05-17-2019, 02:10 PM
Another newbie checking in. Just bought a new 2019 Hideout 272LHS. My wife and I did pop-up camping for many years, finally upgraded. Just got it home yesterday, but already found a few issues.
-The GFI plugs didn't work. The only plug with a reset is in the bathroom, which I thought was odd. Reset it, now they work.
-The Jensen radio gets absolutely no reception. Also, when I turned it on, I got a loud pulsing in the outside speakers, no sound inside. Unplugged the antenna, plugged it back in, the pulse went away. Later on, it came back. Is this gonna be an issue? Should I see if there's an upgrade available for the radio? It's got the DVD player in it, which we will use.

sourdough
05-17-2019, 02:24 PM
The Jensen head isn't the best in the world - I have one. I never listen to the radio but you might pull the unit out (4 screws on mine) and look behind it. My antenna wire was rolled into a ball. The DVD player in the Jensen will play the DVDs but we bought an outboard Sony wifi/blu ray unit that is much better than the Jensen. It just sits on the counter under the TV even when traveling. Gives us good wifi reception and better DVD pictures. I'm not sure what the "pulsing" is.

You should probably put it through it's paces; try the radio and cd functions and see how your speakers work - use the fade and balance to make sure they were wired correctly. Then use the DVD and TV and do the same. I had to rewire mine because the output from the TV would only play on one side. I also put in new Kenwood speakers in the living area because the OEM speakers are just......yukky.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!!

Logan X
05-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum from California!

08titan
05-17-2019, 06:58 PM
For the radio , did you turn the power on for the antenna it's in upper right corner of the tv opening?21852

Ejohnson
05-17-2019, 07:27 PM
I did turn on the antenna power, made no difference. I'll pull the unit tomorrow and check to see if it has the antenna wire behind it.

5J's
05-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. You should find plenty of help on this forum and it looks like they're already jumping in.

Ejohnson
05-20-2019, 04:56 AM
Pulled the unit, it seems the TV antenna is used for everything. I installed my TV last night, it couldn't find any local channels. I might follow the antenna wire and see if there's a break in it.

notanlines
05-20-2019, 05:29 AM
See if you can buy/borrow a cheap inside antenna, plug it into your TV and do a scan. In the Columbus area you should get a minimum of 30, maybe as many as 50 channels. (Agreed, most are garbage channels) If you don't immediately get that many then something is wrong with the TV.

NH_Bulldog
05-20-2019, 06:24 AM
Another newbie checking in. Just bought a new 2019 Hideout 272LHS. My wife and I did pop-up camping for many years, finally upgraded. Just got it home yesterday, but already found a few issues.
-The GFI plugs didn't work. The only plug with a reset is in the bathroom, which I thought was odd. Reset it, now they work.
-The Jensen radio gets absolutely no reception. Also, when I turned it on, I got a loud pulsing in the outside speakers, no sound inside. Unplugged the antenna, plugged it back in, the pulse went away. Later on, it came back. Is this gonna be an issue? Should I see if there's an upgrade available for the radio? It's got the DVD player in it, which we will use.

The Jensen radio sucks...we don't have any reception issues, but one of the speaker outputs for the inside is bad. It isn't the end of the world since we don't intend to use it much, but will get it replaced under warranty anyway.

NH_Bulldog
05-20-2019, 06:29 AM
I did turn on the antenna power, made no difference. I'll pull the unit tomorrow and check to see if it has the antenna wire behind it.

What is the build date of your unit? They started installing the KeyTV systems at the end of August. Mine came with it and I get great reception and was even able to pull 7 over the air TV channels in my driveway which is amazing since I live in the sticks and have no cell service at all and the best I could ever get for OTA TV in the house is 2 stations with a roof top antenna.

Ejohnson
05-20-2019, 06:12 PM
I'll check the build date. I thought about running a cheap antenna to test the tv. I know there's a weird antenna on top that's kinda shaped like a toilet seat.