PDA

View Full Version : Screen door issue on Springdale 3030BH

DangBruhY
05-16-2019, 06:00 AM
I'm not certain what the deal is with this. It's been this way since we got it. I don't want to have to take the rig to the dealership if I can fix it myself.

As you can see, there is a gap between the door latch and the frame.21828

JRTJH
05-16-2019, 07:05 AM
The easiest way to fix that would be to remove the two screws that hold the striker plate to the door frame. Place the appropriate thickness shim under the striker plate and reinstall.

NH_Bulldog
05-16-2019, 07:31 AM
The easiest way to fix that would be to remove the two screws that hold the striker plate to the door frame. Place the appropriate thickness shim under the striker plate and reinstall.

I had a similar issue, but the screen door latch style is different on mine so I couldn't do that. I ended up pulling off the plastic filler strip around the exterior door flange, removing the screws, shifting the door over so it was actually straight and plumb, and then reattaching everything.

DangBruhY
05-26-2019, 08:32 AM
I looked all around and can't figure it out. I'm out of town now, but when I get back I'll try to figure out if I have the same deal as what you are talking about. Both of my doors are like that.