PDA

View Full Version : Loading 10 ft garage to one side .

roadglide
05-15-2019, 06:30 PM
I always load in the center , lately I have been thinking of loading 900 lb Harley on the left makeing it easy getting in the garage door. I could proudly add 300 lbs on the right could there be any affects loading on one side ?

JRTJH
05-15-2019, 06:48 PM
Probably not a problem. To be sure, you might want to consider weighing your trailer at each wheel position. That way you'd know if it's "roadside heavy" (avoid adding weight to that side if possible) or "streetside heavy" (in which case, moving the MC to the roadside of the garage may actually improve side to side balance).

Brentw
05-15-2019, 07:19 PM
I load my goldwing to one side, have not noticed ( didn't weigh each side) any appreciable differences. Bars are about 8 inches from the wall. But, my lawn chairs, cooler and beers on other side, not 900 lbs worth thou.

notanlines
05-16-2019, 01:58 AM
Jerry, we always loaded the Harley w/sidecar as close to the left as possible to gain access to the right side and allow a little movement from back to front when we needed to. We never experienced any problems at all.

Pull Toy
05-16-2019, 03:00 AM
When we pulled the Goldwing, we always loaded on the left. The difference in the trailer axle/tire loaded weight is probably negligible. We did it just for convenience. We could still use the rear side door to come and go, and the right side floor space was still available for small stuff.

not that the bike cares, but when we used to haul a horse trailer. If we only were loading a single horse, we loaded on the left. The horse seemed happier when cornering, and the crown of the road seemed to be a smoother ride.

Good Luck,