PDA

View Full Version : Super pumped to start with our new RV!

rochp
05-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Hey from Northern Ontario!

Just got a new 2019 Bullet 277BHS, everything we wanted. We had a tent trailer for 9 years (and they were all great year)...but am so happy to have permanent walls!!! Not having to set it up! I feel relaxed just thinking about it. And the room and the not having to haul everything in and out.

Planning a big Eastern Canadian Trip this summer...looking forward to it.
:CF:

Pulling it with a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500

Logan X
05-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum from California!

Retired Copper
05-13-2019, 06:01 PM
:wlcm: and enjoy the new camper. :camping:

busterbrown
05-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the new Bullet. We're in our 4th season with ours and it's been a blast so far.

Sounds like you have a nice trip planned. Hopefully you'll have a chance for a "close to home" maiden voyage to work out any potential issues.

Just a word of caution about towing long hard sided trailers vs tent trailers, "SAIL".

We ended up moving into a 3/4 truck after our first season with a GM 1/2 ton. 32 and 35 feet of trailer is no joke in a little crosswind, down mountain passes, and passing semi's.

Good luck and happy trails.

JimQ
05-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Congrats on the Bullet and welcome to the forum!

notanlines
05-14-2019, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the forum from sunny Tennessee. We also tent-camped for many years with our kids and the entire under-age population of the entire neighborhood! We wouldn't take anything for those memories and you would have a hard time prying me from our RV!
Buster hinted (very subtly, I might add) that your half-ton might be slightly problematic. If you're interested, members here might be able to make a few suggestions as to how to improve your towing experience, without actually visiting your friendly Chevy dealer.

Chris P
05-14-2019, 01:41 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to the forum from New Jersey,

Northofu1
05-14-2019, 03:26 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto

Ken / Claudia
05-14-2019, 04:39 PM
Yes it is nice to just pull over at a rest stop or wide pull out and open a door to the TT and use your own bathroom, get a cold drink, make lunch and relax eating it in your RV. Than getting there is so much better than putting up a tent or opening a pop up. Been there done that. Welcome to the forum.