PDA

View Full Version : Leaking bunk window

deek79
05-12-2019, 06:31 PM
We have a 2017 2670BH. I took it out of winter storage this year (indoors) and washed it. My son was inside and noticed water was coming in the bottom bunk window. It was coming in at the top and dropping off of the blind. I checked it out, made sure the window was closed and all screws were tight and had my wife again squirt water against the window and sure enough it was still getting in.

There isn’t caulk around the window frame on the outside, it looks more like a tape seal or something.

Anyone else have this issue? I’m not sure I want to caulk the window, like the parts guy at the dealer suggested.

Thanks!

chuckster57
05-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.

RV windows are held in place by the screws on the inside band and pull the window frame tight. If your is leaking, it’s easy to remove the window and reseal.

Take the window treatments off, then simply remove all the screws on the inside band making note of where the seam is. Have someone hold the window from the outside when you take out the last few so it doesn’t fall out.

Once out, look at the seal material, get new and then replace it. If you apply the new seal to the outer edge of the window flange it will seal better and make sure the seam is at the BOTTOM of the window.

When putting the window back in, put the corner screws in first and then work your way around the ring.

Roughneck29
05-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Chuckster would you happen to know what that seal is called? I have to pull the frame of my outdoor kitchen out and cannot find what that tape/foam is to replace it. Its not butyl or caulk tape.

chuckster57
05-19-2019, 04:51 AM
There is a variety of different seals so I can’t say what yours has without looking at it. You could replace it with putty/butyl tape and trim the excess. Large hardware stores will carry self adhesive foam sealant too.