PDA

View Full Version : Furrion camera hide and seek

jim1
05-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Any ideas where to find the 12v connection for the pre wired rear view camera on a Cougar 315rls. It's always hot(on) except when you pull the 4th zone 12v fuse. I would like to put a wireless remote switch on the hot+ feed to isolate it when not in use.

GeekSquadOfUn
05-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Good question... Following

PARAPTOR
05-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Any ideas where to find the 12v connection for the pre wired rear view camera on a Cougar 315rls. It's always hot(on) except when you pull the 4th zone 12v fuse. I would like to put a wireless remote switch on the hot+ feed to isolate it when not in use.

I assume you are measuring power at the camera connector. Which you stated is fused from the "4th zone 12v fuse" Two things I would consider 1.) wire the remote switch right off that camera connector, 2.) determine what other devices that fuse feeds. My guess is the camera connector is wired to the closed device on that fuse. You could remove that device and get to the wiring feeding that camera connector and install your remote switch there. Hope I understood your question

jim1
05-16-2019, 05:40 AM
Found it! It's wired to a rear light above the sofa and under the rear cupboard. I've decided to put a on/off switch in the cupboard, if it's approved by my General manager.

GeekSquadOfUn
05-16-2019, 08:05 AM
I guess you just popped the LED light out and saw the black wire.

Is it the middle one? Would make sense.

I have a remote controlled 12v switch, may simply use it there.

Thanks.