PDA

View Full Version : MaxxAir Colors

NH_Bulldog
05-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Weird question, but are there any performance differences between the white MaxxAir covers and the black or smoke, or is it just personal preferrence? Dealer was supposed to install smoked ones to match the other roof accessories but installed white instead. We picked the unit up at a dealer 750 miles from home so I wasn’t waiting around for them to fix it on pickup day, nor am I driving back there.

notanlines
05-11-2019, 05:31 AM
Robert, I'm certain there is no performance difference, they just don't match. The white does let light in, however slight.

chuckster57
05-11-2019, 05:36 AM
As stated, they both do the same thing. The white do allow a little more light in. If memory is working the smoke is more $$. If you paid for smoke and got white, you may be due a refund. It may not amount to much but if they do it every time it adds up in their favor.

May just be me, but I want what I paid for.

NH_Bulldog
05-11-2019, 05:58 AM
I checked price and white was more than smoked, so I did ok. I don’t mind the light so the white is fine, I wasn’t sure if the smoked ones acted like window tint and kept things cooler, or acted like a heat magnet

chuckster57
05-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Sounds like you did good. Haven’t had a customer complain that the smoke caused more heat b

Stircrazy
05-14-2019, 05:54 AM
I had the white on my last trailer and I got the smoked on this one. I would never get the white again (unless the smoked ones would just look bad) the smoked are so much better for sleeping as they keep the light out. I have never been able to sleep to 8am in a trailer before we bought this one. as for heat, I haven't noticed a difference.

Steve