PDA

View Full Version : Sewer snakes

Militum
05-11-2019, 03:39 AM
Good morning

Very new to trailer and forums. Excuse my ignorance please. We have a beautiful Fuzion Chrome. It has a black and grey sewer discharge. Do most of you with two, connect the two to a “y” unit and the run both to the main sewer hook up? I guess alternative is hold, hook line and discharge. Saves on additional line I suppose.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Chris

Frank G
05-11-2019, 03:50 AM
Good morning

Very new to trailer and forums. Excuse my ignorance please. We have a beautiful Fuzion Chrome. It has a black and grey sewer discharge. Do most of you with two, connect the two to a “y” unit and the run both to the main sewer hook up? I guess alternative is hold, hook line and discharge. Saves on additional line I suppose.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Chris

That is what I see most often, using the Y, may depend on how long you stay at one spot. Don't forget to add the add on blade valves to prevent accidental spills and soiled fingers.

Militum
05-11-2019, 04:57 AM
That is what I see most often, using the Y, may depend on how long you stay at one spot. Don't forget to add the add on blade valves to prevent accidental spills and soiled fingers.

Thank you Frank. The point on add in blades especially. I’m will look at purchasing a hazmat suit from amazon. On a serious note, didn’t even know the add ons existed. Thanks again. Good forum.

Militum
05-11-2019, 04:57 AM

Thank you Frank. The point on add in blades especially. I will look at purchasing a hazmat suit from amazon. On a serious note, didn’t even know the add ons existed. Thanks again. Good forum.

notanlines
05-11-2019, 05:29 AM
This is what Frank is speaking of, and it is a most excellent idea:
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-Twist-On-Waste-Valve/dp/B000BGHYJS/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=rv+blade+valve&qid=1557581202&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Militum
05-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Oh, very cool. Outstanding. Thank you notanlines. Will be ordering.

Chris

5J's
05-11-2019, 07:13 AM
The nice thing about the Y is it allows you to empty the tanks without moving hoses on extended stays. The nice thing about moving the hoses is you can use the Gray water to "rinse" the hose after you drain the black water. I think both methods probably have their place.

Militum
05-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Ah, yes very good point about the rinse aspect. Thank you 5J’s.

MattHelm21
05-11-2019, 05:48 PM
High Chris,

I have the Y adapter and slinky’s to connect both outputs from my Fuzion at the same time but seldom stay anywhere longer than 1 week and have found it easier to just move the single slinky when necessary(usually stays attached to the front output). Side note: I always keep my dump valves closed and allow my tanks to fill to at least 3/4 before emptying so seldom dump more than once per trip.

Also, double check your outputs. On my Fuzion, the front output is for the front black tank and two grey tanks and the rear output is for the rear black tank only(sink and stool). Because of that and because our rear bathroom is used less frequently it also requires less frequent emptying.

Militum
05-12-2019, 02:59 AM
Ah, yes, that is our set up as well. We have a small trip coming up. I believe I will use one and transfer to the other. The advise of maintaining until 3/4 is warmly received. Makes sense.

Thank you MattHelm.