PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Endurance

Penhall
05-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Well, finally switched over to a new set of GY Endurance on a new set of aluminum wheels on the old Cougar... if nothing else, it'll be some peace of mind on the long road trip next. Will have to report back on how they perform. Hopefully that will be an uneventful post.
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59728927_10155984550581790_1907223353555419136_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=309377291c8f38f7bdaab9dea24536c2&oe=5D6FD2F7

Logan X
05-08-2019, 09:57 AM
I recently upgraded to Goodyear Endurance as well. I towed 1700 miles in six days with no issues. So far so good!

Cbrez
05-11-2019, 04:02 PM
We switched to G614s soon after buying our 5er in 2014. Been to Alaska, Newfoundland and several trips to Florida. No issues - great tire.

Loved Whitehorse. Beautiful country.

Penhall
05-14-2019, 12:23 PM
Thanks

The camping season is just starting here now really. Next weekend towing down into Alaska (Haines), then a few weeks to Alberta for family visits before enjoying the rest of the (short) summer around the Yukon.

Cheers

Penhall
05-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Well, must say I really like the GY Endurance. First 500 mile trip to Alaska and no issues as all - seems to ride smoother than before and the 'mental comfort' of the trip was much improved with the higher ratings on the Endurance. I expect to put about 3000 miles on them in June, hopefully with no issues.

Big1
05-27-2019, 09:56 PM
Cool, I have them on mines 5th wheel, planning on taking a long 1500 miles trip one way in a few months but I think that I still might want to invest in a tpms system.

depush
05-28-2019, 02:52 AM
I just put 6 of them on our Raptor for a 5k trip out west and back coming up. Good to hear others are liking them.

ken56
05-28-2019, 03:48 PM
It looks like Goodyear got it right with this tire. I didn't give the original Trailer King's that came on my Laredo a chance to blow up on me. Put the Endurance on it and have not had a single worry. Great handling performance with them.

hornet28
05-29-2019, 04:51 AM
I'll report back how the Endurance held up after our trip west of around 6K coming up very soon

Snoking
05-29-2019, 06:50 AM
I took off Goodride LRD and put on Goodyear Endurance LRE on our little trailer. I do not think any trailer tire would have survived this bolt. Goodyear in their good will paid for 1/2 the cost of a replacement. Chris

FlyingAroundRV
05-29-2019, 11:34 AM
I took off Goodride LRD and put on Goodyear Endurance LRE on our little trailer. I do not think any trailer would have survived this bolt. Goodyear in their good will paid for 1/2 the cost of a replacement. Chris
Was that bolt picked up in the front tire of the trailer? If so, I would be looking for a missing bolt from the trailer frame somewhere. For a bolt that long to spear into the tire, I'm betting it fell off the frame, bounced and hit the ground just in front of the tire.

Snoking
05-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Rear drivers side, not off our truck or trailer. Like a motorcycle, the front time throws an object up at the trailing tire. BTW is bolt is similar to the cab mount bolts on are RAM. All those are still present and this one showed signs on a socket being on the head and road rash on the sides. It must have happen just before turning into our RV Resort from a side trip to Tuscon, as the tire was quickly loosing air and going flat when we pulled up to our park model. Chris

hornet28
06-15-2019, 08:46 PM
3400 mi so far on the trip and no problems

tschott
06-26-2019, 01:23 PM
OK, I have a question.... I am planning on purchasing a set of Goodyear Endurance tires for my new 29BHS. My question is, The tires can very in price by over $200 depending on where you get them. Walmart is the cheapest.
Are the tires from Walmart the same as from other distributors?

Harleydodge
06-26-2019, 03:06 PM
OK, I have a question.... I am planning on purchasing a set of Goodyear Endurance tires for my new 29BHS. My question is, The tires can very in price by over $200 depending on where you get them. Walmart is the cheapest.
Are the tires from Walmart the same as from other distributors?
Yes, BUT, be wary of the date code on any tire you buy. I personally wouldn't buy one that was more than 6 or 7 months old.
The rubber degrades fairly quickly, and no matter what the tread looks like, after 5 years or so (from the manufacture date), they will need to be replaced.
Discounted tires are often a couple of years old already. Many are unaware.

edward willis
06-26-2019, 05:38 PM
I have well over 6,000 miles on mine with no problems. Just got back from a trip to Utah and Idaho.We were gone for almost a month. I checked air pressure every other day and they were perfect at 80 psi.Didn,t lose a pound.:bow:

Cbrez
06-27-2019, 05:38 PM
BUT, be wary of the date code on any tire you buy. I personally wouldn't buy one that was more than 6 or 7 months old.

I agree. I bought my G614s from Walmart and the manufacturing date was less than 3 months old. I was ok with that.

Penhall
07-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Just got back from about 7,000km trip, no issues at all - very happy with my GY Endurance purchase.

hornet28
07-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Just got back from a 7600 mi trip in 32 days with the 5er less than 500 mi were without the trailer. The Endurance tires were great no problems at all including no loss of air

tschott
08-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Just wanted to let you all know I did purchase the GY Endurance tires for my 29BHS. I pulled the trailer 3050 miles in the past week and they performed perfectly... Thank you all for the input and help!!

Audionut
10-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Newbie here. It seems the GY Endurance is a good tire to go with according to a lot of posts. The size on our 2015 KEYSTONE COUGAR 30RLI is ST225/75R15D with a max psi of 65.

It appears the GY Endurance max psi is 80, so would I have to get different rims that would allow higher psi?

flybouy
10-02-2019, 05:25 AM
Newbie here. It seems the GY Endurance is a good tire to go with according to a lot of posts. The size on our 2015 KEYSTONE COUGAR 30RLI is ST225/75R15D with a max psi of 65.

It appears the GY Endurance max psi is 80, so would I have to get different rims that would allow higher psi?

Check on the backside of the rim for a max tire inflation. It may be on the rim or on the spokes. When you crawl under the camper don't forget to take a flashlight, a rag, and your phone to take a pic of it.

Snoking
10-02-2019, 05:36 AM

If they are 5 lug wheels, they are rated to 2540(D), 6 lug rated to 2830(E). I did the same tire upgrade on our 2019 Laredo with a 8K GVWR and run them at 71 PSI. Our wheels were rated for LRE tires.

Just finishing up on our the first half of the second round trip to Az from the NW. So they have around 5K miles on them.

The pictures that I could find of your model appear to have 5 lug wheels!

The E rated tire in the same size carries the same weight at 65 PSI as the D rated tire, so I add a little more for good measure. You could go to the LRE tire and just run it at 65 PSI which is 10160 lbs of capacity for four tires. Your GVWR appears to be 9500 and part of that is tongue weight. They did not do you much of a favor if it has the 5 lug wheels. Chris

busterbrown
10-02-2019, 05:42 AM

The Goodyear Endurance in that size are rated as a load range E tire. They would require 80 PSI to provide 2830 lbs of load carrying capacity. This would increase the reserve load capacity, something that seems to be marginalized by RV manufacturers.

If you do go this route, please be advised that the wheels must support that PSI as well.

As a side note: if the wheels do not support this load, Carlisle makes a good Radial Trail HD ST tire in load D that will match your current OEM fitment. Here's the chart for reference:

https://www.carlislebrandtires.com/our-products/product-detail/radial-trail-hd

Snoking
10-02-2019, 05:55 AM
The Goodyear Endurance in that size are rated as a load range E tire. They would require 80 PSI to provide 2830 lbs of load carrying capacity. This would increase the reserve load capacity, something that seems to be marginalized by RV manufacturers.

If you do go this route, please be advised that the wheels must support that PSI as well.

As a side note: if the wheels do not support this load, Carlisle makes a good Radial Trail HD ST tire in load D that will match your current OEM fitment. Here's the chart for reference:

https://www.carlislebrandtires.com/our-products/product-detail/radial-trail-hd

Every time I see "lite" associated with a RV trailer I run the other direction. That's why we bought the little Laredo 225MK. It came with 4400 axles and 6 lug wheels with a 8K GVWR, and 2220 carrying capacity. Commuting to AZ and back from Washington we use most of that capacity up.

Air pressure in the tire is what carries the weight. What is the difference between running the Carlisle LRD tire vs running the Endurance at 65PSI, besides GY having a better warranty? Chris

sourdough
10-02-2019, 08:39 AM

On the back of the wheel should be a number that tells you the max for the wheel; mine give the weight carried (2830) others give max psi.

If you have 5 lug wheels as Snoking suggested, and you are limited to a LRD tire, I think I would go with the LRE and run at 65psi or so. I have to think the tire is more robust than the D. My Carlisle HDs are rated for 81 mph which is far faster than they will ever see.

If the gvw of your trailer is 9500 I would be looking VERY hard at upgrading to LRE tires (probably wheels knowing what I know now). My trailer is 10k gvw and came with LRD tires; 10,160 total carrying weight vs 10k gvw. I know some think you can take the tongue weight off of that but I don't subscribe to that since on the highway, with all the jumps, bumps, tongue up/down etc. those tires are subjected to FAR more than just the gvw of the trailer at times. Plus, if the weight in your trailer is not perfectly balanced over the tires, which I would bet it's not, you can easily have one tire overloaded raising the chance of a blown tire significantly. That's what happened to us; my tire ratings exceeded the gvw of my trailer by 160lbs. - way too close and I've had the blowout and damage to prove it.:banghead:

rjrelander
10-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Still our first season on Goodyear Endurance so too early to provide any useful feedback. Maybe a couple thousand miles so far. Will be taking it down to Oklahoma in a week and a half. That will be a solid two thousand mile round trip. Will also be the longest trip for this trailer. Wish us luck! :)

flybouy
10-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Audionut, Did you purchase this trailer new and owned it since '15? The reason I ask is there's a lot of folks speculating that the trailer has the wheels than came with the camper. If your the second owner than no ones if the wheels or axles have been replaced so look at the back of the wheels or post a pic to confirm.

Snoking
10-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Is this the wheel on your trailer?

https://www.tredittire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/YCWH55545SM.png

fjr vfr
10-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Don't forget if you are running load range E and more than 65 psi you need to be using solid core valve stems.
Rubber core valve stems are only rated to 65 psi. Many people miss this small detail and continue using the same valve stems.

busterbrown
10-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Don't forget if you are running load range E and more than 65 psi you need to be using solid core valve stems.
Rubber core valve stems are only rated to 65 psi. Many people miss this small detail and continue using the same valve stems.

To go even further, If using external sensors for TPMS on the stems, I'd suggest 100% metal stems. Otherwise, there may be issues with centrifugal forces on brass/rubber high pressure variety.