PDA

View Full Version : A/C Inop...Advice

garroum
05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
A/C issue. Pulled our 2018 Keystone Cougar 27SAB out of the storage lot for our next weekend trip. Testing the systems and found a/c not turning on. Can hear the digital t-stat click ion and show it’s a/c running. No humming so I eliminated capacitors. Battery at 13.2v and I am getting 120 v power to the control box. I ordered a new control box hoping it’s a bad control board. Any other ideas what to test? It’s a Coleman Mach 15 model 48254c869 and a airexcel 8430A633 grill.

wobly
05-07-2019, 02:42 PM
What kind of power do you have the trailer plugged in to?

garroum
05-07-2019, 05:01 PM
What kind of power do you have the trailer plugged in to?
30 Amp circuit...progressive EMS shows 120V, plenty of spare Amps, no errors. Receiving 120 Volts power from breaker.

chuckster57
05-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Go on the roof and take the cover off. Then give the fan a spin, after that turn the AC on. If it works, your motor seized up. May work for a day may work for years.

shov
05-07-2019, 11:17 PM
A simple thing to check (don't ask how I know) is to remove the thermostat and ensure good connections on the back. Sometimes, it makes things come back to life miraculously... simple, quick and cheap to check

garroum
05-08-2019, 01:57 AM
Go on the roof and take the cover off. Then give the fan a spin, after that turn the AC on. If it works, your motor seized up. May work for a day may work for years.
is this a test for the capacitors? fan spins freely when not turned on...will give it a spin with the t-state on ac. while i am up there will check all the power from the controller to the motor with the power on to see if the old controller is bad on the A/C side. if not, I have a new one on order...if its good, I am at the limit of my ability and will call to get it in.

garroum
05-08-2019, 02:00 AM
A simple thing to check (don't ask how I know) is to remove the thermostat and ensure good connections on the back. Sometimes, it makes things come back to life miraculously... simple, quick and cheap to check
i lived in great falls for a few years...Malmstrom AFB. I tried connecting the ole t-state that came with the trailer with no luck. new digital connections checked...no luck. will be on the roof today so I will check to see if the 12v power from the t-state is getting to the controller at the a/c...then check to see if power is coming into the capacitors with the t-stat on. I purchased a new controller just in case.

gearhead
05-08-2019, 04:35 AM
Remove the A/C cover inside the RV. Check the wire nut where the wire from the thermostat is connected to be sure the wires are connected and the wire nut is tight. Thermostat wire may be orange/yellow striped.