PDA

View Full Version : Packed for 1st trip

Richard n Gena
05-07-2019, 02:49 AM
Finally, after a month of planning and spending money to stock and make sure I had all the proper adapters for shore power, new tires etc, changing all interior lights to LED. We are going take off for our first trip, Fl to Jackson Tn.

We are looking forward to it. I wanted to stay on Monteagle in Tn on the 1st night. But, no campground on top that I could find, was able accommodate my size 5th wheel 2012 Raptor 410LEV.

Even loaded the MC, while this trip is not about riding, but just wanted everything that would be on future trips be in the unit so I can better plan for fuel etc. Not to mention if the oppertunity comes up to download the MC and ride well that will just be a bonus.

Did find a county park south of there that seems nice.

busterbrown
05-07-2019, 03:37 AM
Have fun. Make some lasting memories! Stay safe.

notanlines
05-07-2019, 03:38 AM
Richard, if I may make a suggestion, how about taking US 64 from the Monteagle area over to Selmer and then 45 up to Jackson? I have lived in that area for more than 50 years and I can tell you that the I-24, I-840, I-40 is good highway and terrifically boring. US 64 and 45 are both good highways and you'll get to see more of the real Tennessee! By the way, have a good trip. We live in Germantown and we're ordering good weather for y'all!
Jim

PARAPTOR
05-07-2019, 04:09 AM
Enjoy your trip!! Yeap that is what THs are for TOYS just in case :dance:

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

Richard n Gena
05-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Jim, Thank you I have rode and drove those roads in the past. Used to live in Tn. Wife is wanting to be in Jackson asap to visit with her friends.

Tbos
05-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Enjoy your trip and travel safely.

Big1
05-08-2019, 12:35 AM
Have a good trip sir, I have one coming up the end of this month, it's short this time but I'm alright with it the big one coming in Sept.

Richard n Gena
05-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Back home now, it was a nice trip. no big problems came up just a few small ones that need attention. Truck averaged 12.5 mpg while dragging the trailer at 65 mph most of the trip. had a chance to use and check all systems. only issue is the rear gray water tank leaking and a tie down in the garage coming loose.

ken56
05-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Look at Tims Ford State Park in Winchester. The main campground won't fit your rig but the Devils Step will. We stay there when we visit Lynchburg. It is not too far up the road off of 64 on rt. 50. If you do, do not get off 64 until you reach Rowe Gap rd or you will go right through downtown Winchester....and its tight. Look it up on the state park website.