PDA

View Full Version : Tires- Carlisle Trail HD Load Range E 10 ply.

Sloughpump
05-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Anyone with positive feedback on Carlisle Trail HD tires in 225/75R/15E ?? I want to replace OE Carlisle tires on a 2013 Keyatone Laredo that are getting some tread separation. A dealer in formed me Goodyear Endurance of the same metrics are unavailable.Thoughts? Should I look elsewhere?

ctbruce
05-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Love mine, they never lose air and ride great.

Canonman
05-06-2019, 01:52 PM
This will be the start of our third season with our Carlisle's. Have not been out yet but they are still round and full of air:). They seem to be a very trailer worthy tire and a popular choice on this forum.

busterbrown
05-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Another shout out for Carlisle. A good replacement brand for your OEM.

sourdough
05-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Put the Carlisle Radial HD 225/75r15 LREs on mine and have been very happy with them - no issues whatsoever in my 3rd season.

River Duck
05-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Heading out this weekend for our first trip on a new set of these. They look much stronger than the 8 ply goodrides that came on the camper.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but what air pressure do you guys run? Max psi is 80, I have mine at 75.
10,000 lb fifth wheel

MarkEHansen
05-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Run at max. That is the only way to get the full load rating.

Sloughpump
05-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone! They appear to be a good replacement.

sourdough
05-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Heading out this weekend for our first trip on a new set of these. They look much stronger than the 8 ply goodrides that came on the camper.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but what air pressure do you guys run? Max psi is 80, I have mine at 75.
10,000 lb fifth wheel

My trailer is 10k as well and I run 80psi. Made a WORLD of difference from the LRDs with 65psi. Running Es at 75 psi vs 80 - maybe not so much. The 2830 lb. (memory) load capacity (LRE) at 80 psi. is not excessive for the trailer IMO and my trailer certainly doesn't feel like it is.

Gegrad
05-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Anyone with positive feedback on Carlisle Trail HD tires in 225/75R/15E ?? I want to replace OE Carlisle tires on a 2013 Keyatone Laredo that are getting some tread separation. A dealer in formed me Goodyear Endurance of the same metrics are unavailable.Thoughts? Should I look elsewhere?

I have those exact same tires and mine have been great so far. Trailer sat for winter from October 2018 to April 2019 (we quit early cause our 2nd baby arrived in October) and they lost 8 psi all winter. Rode like new when we took it out in April.

KCSA75
05-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Love mine, they never lose air and ride great.

:iagree:

Website says my post was too short so adding this sentence to please the beast. ;)

ctbruce
05-19-2019, 05:58 PM
:iagree:

Website says my post was too short so adding this sentence to please the beast. ;)BTDTGTTS
Been There Done That Got The T Shirt.

jadatis
05-23-2019, 11:07 AM

10,000 lb fifth wheel

I am able to calculate a safe pressure with reserve for you, but need info of rig and tires.

For topicstarter I expect the pressure to be to low, because of the treath-seperation, for the old tires, and new Eload needs then even a bit higher for same load, and old already need higher to give no treath-seperation.

So the new tires, are they ST . Mayby stupid question, but I dont know what kind of vehicle, assume 5th wheeler, but make me wiser.

Give as much info as you can. Weigt speed and tire-specifications.

Bochim
05-23-2019, 01:04 PM

Put the 16" load range F on my Montana 2 years ago. Great ride, no air loss. Go all over US yearly with them. great tires.

Gord
05-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Goodyear Endurance in your metrics
https://www.tires-easy.ca/225-75-15/goodyear-tires/endurance/tirecode/724857519

Harleydodge
07-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Had a set of 225 80R 16's installed just over 1 year ago. Kept them inflated to 75 PSI.
We are about to head out tomorrow on a 3 week road trip, and so today, as I was checking inflation, I notice a small "bubble" on a sidewall.
Upon further inspection, All FOUR tires had sidewall separation to some degree.

I returned them to the dealer today, and they said they have never seen anything like that kind of damage. All the Techs agreed as they took turns looking them over.

They are replacing them, albeit with another set of Carlisles, which I'm not overly ecstatic about, this afternoon as we speak. If not for the fact we are headed out in the morning, I would have waited until they could have ordered me some Sailuns or Goodyears, but the Carlisles were all I could get (anywhere in town) on short notice.

I'll obviously be keeping a VERY close eye on the new ones.

I have informed the Tire shop that I will be interested to hear what Carlisle has to say about them, as they said they would be returning them for inspection.

FWIW, Date code was 4917.

CWtheMan
07-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Had a set of 225 80R 16's installed just over 1 year ago. Kept them inflated to 75 PSI.
We are about to head out tomorrow on a 3 week road trip, and so today, as I was checking inflation, I notice a small "bubble" on a sidewall.
Upon further inspection, All FOUR tires had sidewall separation to some degree.

I returned them to the dealer today, and they said they have never seen anything like that kind of damage. All the Techs agreed as they took turns looking them over.

They are replacing them, albeit with another set of Carlisles, which I'm not overly ecstatic about, this afternoon as we speak. If not for the fact we are headed out in the morning, I would have waited until they could have ordered me some Sailuns or Goodyears, but the Carlisles were all I could get (anywhere in town) on short notice.

I'll obviously be keeping a VERY close eye on the new ones.

I have informed the Tire shop that I will be interested to hear what Carlisle has to say about them, as they said they would be returning them for inspection.

FWIW, Date code was 4917.

Those bubbles are an early sign for tread separations.

Did those tires have speed letters on them? The separation bubbles are usually result from exceeding the tires speed restriction.

Harleydodge
07-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Those bubbles are an early sign for tread separations.

Did those tires have speed letters on them? The separation bubbles are usually result from exceeding the tires speed restriction.

Speed rating on them was 75mph, which I never exceeded for more than maybe a minute while out passing a slow vehicle, but I tow 65.