PDA

View Full Version : Need LED bulbs with incadescent look?

racetech
05-04-2019, 05:40 AM
I would like to upgrade my interior bulbs to LED but I dont want to loose the soft warm incadescent light that I have as I prefer that to the bright white led. I actually like the bright white for exterior use but I do not like it on the interior. Does anyone else feel this way or use any led bulbs with a similar light output? Thank you

jsmith948
05-04-2019, 06:09 AM
We replaced the incandescent bulbs in out Cougar with "warm white" LEDs.
IIRC, they were in the 3500 Kelvin range which is a more yellow light. Be sure to match or exceed the lumen output of your OEM bulbs.

racetech
05-04-2019, 06:35 AM
We replaced the incandescent bulbs in out Cougar with "warm white" LEDs.
IIRC, they were in the 3500 Kelvin range which is a more yellow light. Be sure to match or exceed the lumen output of your OEM bulbs.

Thanks! I was looking at some in the 3200 range its just hard to tell from pictures exactly what type of light you are getting.

CampNBrew2
05-04-2019, 06:46 AM
Don't use these! They caused massive RFI. When the radio is on (while lights are on) all you hear is static. These were listed as RV/landscaping lights. whatever circuitry is on board made a lot of noise on the system.:facepalm:

Make sure you get LEDs rated for at least 15v. I bought some 12V LEDs and when plugged in, the charging voltage killed them all.:ermm:

racetech
05-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Don't use these! They caused massive RFI. When the radio is on (while lights are on) all you hear is static. These were listed as RV/landscaping lights. whatever circuitry is on board made a lot of noise on the system.:facepalm:

Make sure you get LEDs rated for at least 15v. I bought some 12V LEDs and when plugged in, the charging voltage killed them all.:ermm:

Thank you, always nice to get suggestions of what not to use also. Im doing my research. I never thought of rf interference thanks for mentioning it.

KeithInUpstateNY
05-04-2019, 08:16 AM
After two five month seasons of boondocking I have been pleased with these: Grv T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White AC/DC 12V -28V Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDFM5QU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SPBZCb69G4YGT

2800-3200 K

sourdough
05-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Here is a link to help you compare the different kelvin ratings for the bulbs;

https://solutions.borderstates.com/color-temperature-and-led-understanding-how-to-choose-led-lamps-for-warm-and-cool-applications/

I use lamps like the ones in the previous post and have had good luck. DO NOT get bulbs rated for 12V only. I like the "brighter/whiter" light (not blue) but many like a more subdued tone.

MSB1766
05-04-2019, 01:09 PM
I have the same bulbs as Compeakw Listed is his post. I have used them in 2 campers with out any problems.