PDA

View Full Version : Meet ups

Djtacer
05-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know if there is a meet up or keystone owners anywhere in the country. I think it would be great to haven something like that. Anywho anynone know

chuckster57
05-03-2019, 12:12 PM
There aren't any factory sponsored events that I am aware of. I do know that Grand Designs and Tiffen hold "rally's" but have not heard of anything connected to Keystone.

Canonman
05-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Maybe something relative to geography i.e. eastern or western region??

JRTJH
05-03-2019, 06:39 PM
There is a "factory sponsored" Montana rally each year. Other than that, Keystone doesn't sponsor any "factory gatherings".

There are several people who have "met on here" and then "met at campgrounds" but as for formal rallies or even informal gatherings, I don't know of any. The topic comes up every couple of years and, in the past, the moderators have suggested, "If anyone is willing to take on the task of organizing a rally, make the announcement, see what kind of response you get and go from there"... While that wouldn't be anything official, whoever takes up the challenge might want to contact Keystone with their plans and see if the factory might be willing to get involved, either with incentives or just with help in organization....

Please remember, if that type activity does occur, it isn't sponsored by or endorsed by this forum.

sourdough
05-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Just an observation but I'm not a big fan of "rallies" (that puts me in the minority I figure), crowds or that kind of thing. On the other hand, the forum does give us a connection and the ability of meeting/touching base with other members as we travel across the country. I like the one on one, maybe two but it is much more personal and meaningful.....to me. JMO. I hope to make contact with other members as time goes on....but I won't be at a "rally".

notanlines
05-04-2019, 01:46 AM
Being perfectly blunt, Keystone has so many brands and models that very few people would have a 'connection' with any other attendees. One would arrive with a Raptor, with a garage full of Razors, and end up camped next to an elderly couple with a Keystone Bullet 308 and seven small grandkids, who happen to have a DINK couple with a 40' Montana on the other side. Very few people would have anything in common.
I don't see this getting off the ground, much less flying.

CrazyCain
05-04-2019, 05:12 AM
I have my Crazy Cainkeystone RV sticker on my truck, hoping someone from the forum sees it and stops at the campsite.

jsmith948
05-04-2019, 06:18 AM
I have my Crazy Cainkeystone RV sticker on my truck, hoping someone from the forum sees it and stops at the campsite.

This^^^^^. Haven't had anyone come knockin' yet. Haven't seen another forum sticker yet either. But I'm hoping we will - sooner or later:)

66joej
05-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Being perfectly blunt, Keystone has so many brands and models that very few people would have a 'connection' with any other attendees. One would arrive with a Raptor, with a garage full of Razors, and end up camped next to an elderly couple with a Keystone Bullet 308 and seven small grandkids, who happen to have a DINK couple with a 40' Montana on the other side. Very few people would have anything in common.
I don't see this getting off the ground, much less flying.

I'm with Jim on this one. Spent 20+ years participating at car shows. The "Mustang only" ones (which we attended most of the time) were of greater interest because there was a common interest amongst attendees. The "generic" shows not so much. My '66 fastback would be parked next to a '39 Graham. Comments like "does it have a 9" or a 4 gear toploader" from me meant nothing to the owner of the Graham. Nice people but you get my drift. JMHO

Tbos
05-05-2019, 04:21 PM
This^^^^^. Haven't had anyone come knockin' yet. Haven't seen another forum sticker yet either. But I'm hoping we will - sooner or later:)

I’ve had mine on my rig since last June and no one has ever even asked about it.

Canonman
05-05-2019, 05:19 PM
I had to look up "DINK":) IF we're both collecting social security do we qualify??

chuckster57
05-05-2019, 05:25 PM
I had to look up "DINK":) IF we're both collecting social security do we qualify??

Income is income.

larryflew
05-12-2019, 08:00 AM
I'm with Sourdough on not going to rallies and crowd gatherings but certainly don't mind meeting others on a smaller venue. Maybe a thread in the forum of who is where at any given time. IE we are typcially in Casa Grande AZ from some time in December to the beginning of April.

Summers our Alpine has a residence on a lake in Mid MN but the park has no temporary overnights etc.

pdaniel
05-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Forest River has rallies also. These are good opportunities to get issues taken care of by factory reps and socialize with fellow owners.
We missed the Grand Design rallies this year but will be heading to Tucson FMCA rally in October-our first RV rally.

Phil Saran
05-12-2019, 01:17 PM
We are members/officers of our local Elks Lodge and we belong to a camping club
through them so we have those friends who we camp with.

As a side note 85% of the Elks Lodges throughout the USA have some
form of RV parking be it dry camping to full blown RV parks, normal
pricing ranges from $10 to $30 a night. BUT, there is always a BUT
you have to be a member of a ELKS Lodge to be able to take advantage
of this. Canada also has some ELKS Lodges too.

We had a friend talk up into joining FMCA when it was MH only (we had a MH at
that time), now we have a 5th wheel and FMCA last year voted to accept TT and
5th wheels to their group. But their rally's are so expensive (at least $500) by my
standards that we will not be renewing that membership.

I have in a past life belonged to Escapees Camping Group and they have rally's,
I have AAA and Camping World memberships for discounts, plus a KOA membership
that we use a lot each year.

Roscommon48
05-12-2019, 01:30 PM
monana owners have rallies throughout the country. one national one in sept. in goshen, ind