PDA

View Full Version : Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424

summit
05-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on quality when comparing these units?
In the market to purchase one in the next few months.

New to the forum and would have started a new thread but the site wouldn’t let me.
Maybe one of the moderators can help.

Thank you in advance.

busterbrown
05-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Only thing I can say is pick the floor plan that suits your needs best. Youll have to live with that decision for your entire ownership of the coach.

Quality is a wash among brands, even though you'll hear opinions on both ends. Keystone and Jayco have a broader market than GD as it produces more unique brands and floorplans at a wider range of price points. Both Keystone and Jayco are subsidiaries of Thor Industries. Both brands have a long history of producing RVs.

Grand Design is the newer brand on the block owned by Octavius Corporation, a now wholly owned subsidiary of Winnebago industries. Some consider them a premium brand.

As you can see, it becomes a blur nowadays as the industry is bloated with mergers and acquisitions, and factories are barely keeping up with demand.

cookinwitdiesel
05-02-2019, 06:58 PM
I see you like the side patio. Do you see that being more useful than the rear ramp patio? Or is it so you can use garage as more of a bedroom when emptied?

summit
05-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Going to be living in it 50% of the time. Side patio makes it close to the kitchen when BBQing and making a fresh cocktail (without going up and down the stairs). Can still watch the game with the outside TV

And yes, leaves the garage open to use as second bedroom for guests when empty.

sourdough
05-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Have you put any thought into where you are going to be? Side or rear "patios" can really put limitations on the sites you can acquire/fit. Moreover, an outside tv, in a developed park, is pretty much verboten at later hours either by the park or "the neighbors".

I stay in a park for the winter and lots of folks come in with "patios", only one deployed it and tried to have a "party". 2 days later it was gone.

chuckster57
05-03-2019, 02:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

We are a Grand Designs dealer, and I can say they are a well built unit, very solid and few problems. You will pay a premium price for it but it’s well worth it IMO.

curtthegreat
05-03-2019, 04:28 AM
I can't give an accurate opinion of the 3 units you are looking at, as we only have experience with the Fuzion 420. However I will tell you that we are not one bit sorry for purchasing a side patio unit. We purchased it in the fall of 2016, and have yet to camp in a park where we could not deploy the side patio. If, and when that day comes, we will not stay at that park. It's not camping if you have less than 10 feet beside you, that's slumming. We have had times where we could not deploy the back patio because of the length of the 5th wheel, but that's understandable.

summit
05-03-2019, 06:44 AM
Have you put any thought into where you are going to be? Side or rear "patios" can really put limitations on the sites you can acquire/fit. Moreover, an outside tv, in a developed park, is pretty much verboten at later hours either by the park or "the neighbors".

I stay in a park for the winter and lots of folks come in with "patios", only one deployed it and tried to have a "party". 2 days later it was gone.

Southern CA most of the time. The rig will be parked on a 5 acre parcel I’m developing, so it will be a static / live in unit 50% of the time with an occasional camping trip at boondock areas with plenty of room. When I’m actually camping I don’t watch TV. The ballgame comment is only when the unit is on my property working on it using the rig as a 2nd home. I do appreciate the feedback though.