PDA

View Full Version : B&W Companion set up

M&J 2012
04-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Getting a B&W Companion hitch for the Ford F-350 LWB / SRW

It has three settings 16" to 18 1/2 " ht and can position the wheel at the axle or 3 " ahead of rear axle.

Has anyone have this set up? And which would be best to try first.
Trying to save some time and not having to set up twice.....me be lazy

Snoking
04-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Modern diesel trucks at very front heavy so there is no need to follow outdated suggestions of 2" in front of rear axle. Put it where ever you want. I would put it close to center of the rear axle. Height is a big variable that is trailer and pin box setting dependent . Start in the bottom and adjust as needed.

xrated
04-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Unless your Companion setup is different than mine (I've got the 25K Companion), there lateral adjustment choice is 3" in front of the rear axle or 1" in front of the rear axle. I chose the 1" in front position and put it in the middle height setting, which by the way is 17 3/4" I've got a long bed too, as mine is a Dually. I ended up very close to level with the new trailer and right at 7 1/2 - 8" of bed rail clearance......truck is a 2016 BTW.

drew999999
04-30-2019, 05:43 AM
I believe the B&W instructions suggest using the forward mounting option for long-bed installs. I have a shortbed and used the rear mounting for additional clearance. For height, I started with the middle option. After hooking and taking a few steps back, I was nose high on the rv. Ended up dropping to the low setting to level things up and still have nearly 8 inches of rail clearance. This is with a 2016 F350 CCSB.