PDA

View Full Version : Random Switch

the406life
04-27-2019, 01:20 PM
Dumb question. I just bought a 2019 Hideout 28bhswe.
It has a switch that I can’t figure out what it’s for. Maybe someone on here has the same trailer and can help me.
Just inside the door under the edge of the kitchen counter top there is a switch panel with four switches.
The first switch closest to the door is the awning light. The second switch is for the overhead lights. The fourth switch is for some accent lighting under the kitchen counter top.
I can’t figure out what the third switch is for. During the walkthrough the guy said the third and fourth switches are for accent lighting. I had my 8 year old turn the third switch off and on for 5 minutes while I looked around inside and out with no luck.
Help! 😂

Thank you

Ken / Claudia
04-27-2019, 01:51 PM
I do not know that trailer, but know some lights are controlled from more than 1 switch. I would turn on every light switch through the rv, make sure they are all on. Turn that 1 switch off and see what happens. If all else fails, talk to the service manager at the dealer.

Steveo57
04-27-2019, 02:08 PM
Do you have a light under the steps?

MarkEHansen
04-27-2019, 02:51 PM
Some trailers also have accent lighting under the awning, in the exterior-mounted speakers or on the front cap of the trailer. Some of these may be hard to see in the daylight.

LHaven
04-27-2019, 05:17 PM
My Cougar has LED strip accent lighting around the bottom of the dinette seats.

i think the protocol here would be to do a visual inspection of all likely places to have accent lighting inside the rig, and see if you discover a new one that you've never seen turn on. :-)

Nitehawk
04-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Do you have a light on the baccckside of your rig near the roofline. I refer to it as an idiot light . I presume it is to help with water connection at night. I have an outback 293ubh and there is this light that make no sense and the switch is where you said you unknown switch is located

the406life
04-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I’ll snoop around some more and see what I come up with.

LHaven
04-28-2019, 02:30 PM
This sounds like one of these problems that would practically solve itself... if tested at 11 PM. :-)