PDA

View Full Version : Grey water 2 tank system

Eric27
04-27-2019, 08:21 AM
Any suggestions on how to best utilize the 2 grey tank system on the Cougar 24sab....ie draining the kitchen tank?

chuckster57
04-27-2019, 08:31 AM
If you have two separate drain outlets, then you can use two short hoses attached to a Y and then a single to the waste dump. It's not easy to plumb the two grays together.

Canonman
04-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Or, I just use the kitchen/galley grey tank as a final washout of the dump hose by simply removing it from the primary dump outlet to the galley dump valve. Saves rinsing two hoses and storing extra gear. I can usually align things so that there is no need to move the trailer for the hose to reach the galley outlet.

bobbecky
04-27-2019, 12:33 PM
You may wish you used the shower grey water as the last drain in your hose, as the water from the galley tank can get to smelling almost as bad as the black tank, due to food particles that start rotting and smelling. I drain black, then galley, then grey, but we have just one drain outlet, but with our old rig with a separate drain for the galley, I still took the time to move the hose to the galley drain before again moving it to the grey tank drain. Either that or just rinse out the drain hose with fresh water before storing it.

Eric27
04-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Definitely food for thought.(pardon the pun).
Cheers.

LHaven
04-27-2019, 05:25 PM
I drilled a hole in the side of a new Blueline Universal sewer L fitting and epoxied a male hose bulkhead through the hose from the inside. I bought one of those red gray-water hoses and a F/F hose connector, and run it between the front drain outlet cap (one with a male hose outlet) and the L connector. When I don't want to set up the front drain at a camping stop, I close the bulkhead connector with a brass hose cap.