PDA

View Full Version : Roof care treatment

linux3
04-26-2019, 11:15 AM
I winterize my TT myself and then store it in an unheated giant old warehouse.
In the spring for the last 2 years I have had the dealer de-winterize because it includes sanitizing the the lines and tanks.
I also get a bearing repack because with the mileage we put in I figure it can't hurt.
The dealer had a $35.00 roof inspection and caulk touch up but this year that's gone.

They are pushing a roof clean and rubber treatment. Every hear of this? It's not real expensive but it could just be totally worthless. I have never had any roof or any other type of leak.

See link to ad:
https://www.wilkinsrv.com/rv-service-coupons

sourdough
04-26-2019, 11:27 AM
CW does mine every year and I check in between. I need to move to your part of the country though - ours is around $380 for the roof cleaning/treatment (got a free AC cleaning/inspection this year). At last discussion they used a 2 part Dicor system to clean then add a protectant to it. They also check all the dicor seals to make sure they are in good shape (I recheck behind them because I don't think they are that thorough). When they started doing it a few years bag it was 2 gallon cans with different stuff in them - I assume it is the same now.

If they actually clean the roof and then apply the protectant for $123 I think it might be a good deal. If they check/repair the dicor sealant...even better!

notanlines
04-27-2019, 02:33 AM
Might be a little wary of the $125 price. Most people would pay that just for a good washing of the roof. Find out what they use for sealer and let us know.