PDA

View Full Version : Weight distribution cougar 31sqb

mosey
08-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Curious what w/dis solutions are out there for 31sqb with the aerodynamic propane cover?

bgilsrud
08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
i was one of the first to get this trailer in the 2011 model ! you can send me a Private Message and i will tell you my set up and why i went with it. my name is brian and i am up till 8pm cst

happytrails
06-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Curious what w/dis solutions are out there for 31sqb with the aerodynamic propane cover?

We use the BlueOx. It works great although I have seen other hitches out there I would rather get like the equalizer. I'm not sure if the equalizer would work, but I don't see why not. The only thing with this BlueOx setup is when you release the bar the wrench tends to hit the propane tank bottom. I don't think it's going to put a hole in it or anything, but certainly it's going to mar the paint which will lead to rust and so on. I would like to see if an equalizer would fit because it seems like a much easier system to work with..

EcoboostKev
06-25-2012, 10:11 AM
The Equal-i-zer 4way sway control setup will fit. That's what I use on my new Outback and have had good luck with it and also a friend of mine uses it with his 2012 Cougar 29BHS. Good luck, Kevin
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_41752_0_7395525857332219541c6c1cb69335e2.jpg

chris199
06-25-2012, 02:15 PM
If you are at all interested in a Hensley hitch (new or reconditioned), it will fit. Had ordered a Cougar 32SAB and wanted a Hensley. They had pics of the snap u bar option or the hanging brackets.....either would work. They had pics to show how they were installed. I was thinking I might need to cut out an upside down U to permit using a snap up tool. Another option was to have a shop fabricate a diff snap up tool that would clear the fiberglass and still snap up the chain.

Due to production issues at Keystone, went with a Cougar 29REV....pointed front. Believe it or not...the original Hensley design with the adjustable struts work. There was no way the snap u brackets would.