PDA

View Full Version : dual propane tanks regulator enough for 100lb propane tank

Christal
04-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Is the dual propane tanks regulator enough to run a 100lb propane tank? Or do you need to purchase another to attach to 100lb propane tank as well. I smell propane really bad when the tank is about to empty inside the stove area and was wondering if its because i need an additional regulator

chuckster57
04-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

The same two stage regulator used on 20 and 30 pound cylinders is all you need. If your smelling propane, then I would suspect a faulty regulator.

bobbecky
04-21-2019, 06:47 PM
We had a 100 gallon tank connected a few years ago, and because we had a long hose installed to reach the trailer, they put a regulator on the tank like the 30 lb regulator on the opposite side of our main regulator on our fifth wheel. If the hose was shorter, the propane guy said the extra regulator was not needed. Big cylinder or small doesn’t change the pressure.

Bayjird
04-23-2019, 06:32 PM
I Used to have a 70# tank hooked up when I was full timing. When I got tired of hauling that tank in to get refilled I had the propane company set a 100 gal tank. That tank had its own regulator and the line bypassed the trailer’s regulator.
LP has an odorant added that settles in the bottom of tanks so the smell of propane gets stronger when the tank gets close to empty. You’re stove has an open flame in the living space, so it’s easier to notice the smell when the stove/oven is on.