PDA

View Full Version : Identifying water hook ups

jimsny
04-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Identify water hook ups

xrated
04-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish with this....I'm not getting it?

jimsny
04-20-2019, 11:14 AM
Identify water hook ups

Phil Saran
04-20-2019, 12:18 PM
You can also receive a RV with miss labeled fitting or connections. My 2019 Cougar
had the front grey tank and black tank mismarked. That was a wonderful experience
the first time I tried to dump.

travelin texans
04-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Maybe I'm worried about something that could never happen with that plumbing, but personally I DO NOT want MY fresh water supply connected to the black tank in any way, shape or form. I'll stick to using a dedicated hose for black tank flushing.
As they say S##T HAPPENS, but not in my drinking water!!!
We camped next to a site that was filled every night by different folks nightly in rental class C motorhomes. After watching 95% of them use their drinking water hose shoved 10' down their sewer hose to rinse it then hook up both to the motorhome, we wanted to gag.

xrated
04-20-2019, 03:37 PM
What I'm accomplishing is I only have to unhook water line 1 time . Instead of 3 times. Un hook at main inlet . Then hook up for back flushing 2 tanks . So now i keep water line on and turn on sprayers for back flush tanks. This is for emptying out black tanks n using sprayers in them .

OK, that's what I was afraid of. You should NEVER, EVER use the same hose for your fresh water that you do to flush a Black tank. Best practice is to always use separate hoses for each function and they obviously should never be switched....either accidentally or on purpose. You might want to do some research on this topic and I think you will find the majority....or let's say most people will never combine or used the same hose or hook them together in any way. Way to much risk for sickness/disease.

ctbruce
04-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Got to agree with TT and Xrated, keep them separate. Yuck.

Nancy Reagan was right: Just Say No!21489

Tbos
04-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Are you all saying it’s not safe to use the shower output to flush the black tack? My Alpine has multiple check valves in the coiled shower hose and there is one in the black flush line too.

travelin texans
04-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Are you all saying it’s not safe to use the shower output to flush the black tack? My Alpine has multiple check valves in the coiled shower hose and there is one in the black flush line too.

You need to read on this forum & most any other forum out there of how many of the back flow/anti siphon valves have failed on the black tank flush lines. RV manufacturers use the cheapest stuff on the market so it's only a matter of time til YUK could happen. As I said DO NOT mix fresh water anything with anything black water related.

14george
04-21-2019, 03:30 AM
I also use a dedicated hose for fresh water and black tank flush

JRTJH
04-21-2019, 07:14 AM
The OP edited his original post to remove all the photos showing how he connected the black tank flush (front and rear tank) to a "Y" connector attached to his fresh water exterior shower port. By doing so, he essentially eliminated any reason for the thread.

Thread is now closed.