PDA

View Full Version : Manual Slide Operation

Beemer Phil
04-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Have a 2018 Passport 2920BH with one cable operated slide that includes the dinette and small sofa. I did not get a good answer from the dealer on how to manually operate and I figured I’d just read through the manuals. Unfortunately the manuals direct you to the underside of the TT to look for the shaft or an access hole in the frame. Before I started poking around the corroplast I looked inside over the slide out to find the motor was mounted on the wall above the slide. My question is how do you get a wrench or cordless tool on the motor? It appears that there is a small access cover at the inside/top of the slide but when the slide is in you can’t reach the motor. Any suggestions? This group is very helpful and I thank you in advance of any suggestions.

busterbrown
04-18-2019, 09:16 PM
This is a simple demonstration of what's involved in accessing the drive motor for an Accu-Slide cable driven slide-out. There is a center fascia cap/board on the interior slide trim that must be removed first. Then, you'll be able to use a flexible extension bit on motor itself to retract or extend the slide. A long arm (or multiple bit extensions) may be required if the slide is completely retracted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYkHRXfG5A

jshandor
04-22-2019, 08:15 AM
I purchased a used Keystone trailer with the same type of slide. The previous owners did not have the tool for the manual operation of the slide. Does anybody have a model number or type of tool I can order? Thanks

14george
04-22-2019, 01:04 PM
I purchased a used Keystone trailer with the same type of slide. The previous owners did not have the tool for the manual operation of the slide. Does anybody have a model number or type of tool I can order? Thanks

Check by the slideout motor should be near it somewhere