PDA

View Full Version : 326 mks ac

fish8it
08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I get little if any AC blowing out of the one and only AC duct in the beadroom of my 326MKS. Anyone with the same model have the same problem. It is prewired for an additional unit. Maybe I will have to go that route.

KanTC
08-26-2011, 09:48 AM
fish8it,

The odds are not in your favor when trying to cool a 36ft long 5th wheel with a single A/C unit.

That said, several members here have checked the a/c flexible ductwork on various models - some
re-taped, or straightened kinks, etc, which helped with air flow. Do a forum search... there's lots
of good advice on this topic. I don't recall who posted, but if memory serves me correctly, some
have even provided photos. Also several threads on adding a 2nd a/c in the bedroom.

Hope this helps!
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

smiller
08-26-2011, 10:53 AM
If you search around on this and other forums (as I did when I had a similar issue with my 325SRX) you'll find that it is very common to find reports of a single 13.5k or 15k A/C unit being inadequate in hot (95+ degree) temperatures in just about any large RV, so you're not alone. The answer is either to try to insulate better (skylight insulating cushions, reflective material for windows, etc.) or adding a second A/C, or both. I added a second A/C in the bedroom of my unit and it cured the problem, can now keep the unit at a livable temperature even in direct sun at 105 degrees plus (normal daily temperature lately here in Texas :( ).

That said, you should get reasonably decent airflow out of all A/C vents and if not you should remove the vent and check for obstructions or installation issues.

LarryL
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I had an air flow problem with mine,took the A/C vent covers off and there
it was a 5" circle cut out of the air duct right over the bedroom vent.
It was 85 outside 72 inside the trick is to close the bedroom door and
open the main vent on the A/C get that part of the trailer cooled down
then at night close the main vent :bdance: