PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Lithium Ion Batteries

Fishsizzle
04-16-2019, 06:34 PM
A few know in my other threads that I'm going to need some batteries.

Now, there is an App called "ali express" which is short for Alibaba the huge international corp that usually you order a whole container full of Stuff made in China.

The express allows you to order just 1 item.

If I were to buy 4 6v batteries to achieve a certain AH, (which for lead acid is only half of stated value) it would cost me the same as buying 2 Lifepo batteries that have 80% draw down and 1000s more cycles to them.

The obvious catch is, I'd be flying "blind", while there are some reviews on items, it still kinda the wild west with what will show up I'd think.

Soooooo, does anyone have any experience with Alibaba?

busterbrown
04-16-2019, 07:21 PM
EBAY has vendors selling used lifepo4 cells with 95% life expectancy remaining. Check out this YT channel. He constructs his own, explains 'balancing' the entire series, and talks in depth of a quality BMS. Ali Express sells lithium cells but you'd be investing more $$ to put a bank together. I think he spent $200 on a 100 amp hour 12 volt battery with 95% life remaining from components purchased on Ebay.

Fishsizzle
04-16-2019, 07:32 PM
EBAY has vendors selling used lifepo4 cells with 95% life expectancy remaining. Check out this YT channel. He constructs his own, explains 'balancing' the entire series, and talks in depth of a quality BMS. Ali Express sells lithium cells but you'd be investing more $$ to put a bank together. I think he spent $200 on a 100 amp hour 12 volt battery with 95% life remaining from components purchased on Ebay.

Awesome thanks I will check him out. Big time savings.

busterbrown
04-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Awesome thanks I will check him out. Big time savings.

Sorry, forgot to mention the channel:

https://youtu.be/wyP_dgWz8pY

Fishsizzle
04-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention the channel:

https://youtu.be/wyP_dgWz8pY

I’ll get through it, ZZZ I’m not sharp at night for sure.

Checklist:

Cells
Box
Wiring
BMS

I’ll start researching and watching. Thanks again. Ali express has already completely done ready to roll batteries. They are around $500 for 100ah. I’d like to think I’m smart enough to build one, but my time becomes to valuable at some point. I’d much rather spend my free time with HW or fishing.

jkohler70
04-18-2019, 04:23 AM
I saved over $100 buying spark plugs from Ali Express. They were delivered more quickly than promised and were exactly what I ordered. For some things I feel kind of "dirty" about ordering. In some cases the Chinese have stolen our intellectual property to produce exact knock-offs.