PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking to Grey tank while in city water

rush2112
04-15-2019, 04:07 AM
As title states, I believe we have water leaking into grey tank for bathroom. I have opened the valve at the campsite and with no water turned on in the bathroom we see a slight trickle coming thru the slinky. If I turn off water at faucet it stops. Have water regulator on set at 45. Any ideas?.

FYI, just had water pump changed under warranty. Otherwise it's a new 2018.

CampNBrew2
04-15-2019, 06:47 AM
If you are not seeing your faucets dripping then you likely do not have a fresh water leak to the tank.
Most grey/black tanks only have a very slight slope to drain, and the fitting is not the absolute lowest point of the tank. My toyhauler tanks hung down like a bulb in the middle of the tanks and made it tougher to flush them clean. All trailers will likely have a slight trickle to drain until it eventually drains until the lowest point.
I hope this is what you're seeing and this info alleviates some stress.

Logan X
04-15-2019, 07:07 AM
I agree with camp and brew’s assessment. My tank will trickle for quite awhile when I drain it before it completely stops.

Steveo57
04-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Check your outside kitchen sink isn't running

Gegrad
04-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Gonna second the other responses here. If the faucets are not dripping then water isn't getting into the gray tank. The tanks are VERY gently sloped and will trickle drain for quite some time after the initial mass of water has emptied.