PDA

View Full Version : furnace vs. gas tank

jdbjr55
04-14-2019, 05:01 PM
I have a 2011 Mountaineer. While camping in cooler weather I have had an issue of the furnace not lighting and running on one of the propane tanks. I initially was thinking the valve on the tank was malfunctioning but the water heater and stove/oven work fine. I can switch the gas supply to the off tank then the furnace works fine. Any suggestions?

chuckster57
04-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. These kinds of issues can be a PITA to figure out. First simple thing is to replace that side pigtail. After that we will have to start measuring gas flow/pressure and that requires some special equipment.

Try the pigtail first and then report back. If it’s a fiver is the “affected” side opposite of the regulator?

jdbjr55
04-14-2019, 05:35 PM
The tank that has the issue is the side with the regulator. I can certainly try the repalcement of the pigtail and regulator.

mtofell
04-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Have you tried physically switching the tanks to see if the problem follows tank?

GHen
04-14-2019, 06:59 PM
I had a similar issue, someone suggested unhooking tanks releasing pressure, then hook back up and SLOWLY turn tanks back on. That has solved my issues. It seems like those auto switch over devices don’t like a sudden burst of pressure.