PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 24rbs Tank Problems

jayhancock
04-14-2019, 07:36 AM
Our 1.5 year old cougar suddenly developed tank issues at the top of both tanks. Dealer insists they flood test all new incoming and I took their word....
Anyway they had to repair the gray and will be replacing the black under the extended warranty I purchased, anything I need to watch out for?

Thank you in advance,

yesiamapirate
04-14-2019, 08:23 AM
What exactly is happening at the top of the tanks? My new 37SAB is going back in for a crack where the fresh water fill hose comes into the tank.

jayhancock
04-14-2019, 08:46 AM
Flush line leaking at tank entry, dripping from underbelly. Apparently the female on the tank is bad

yesiamapirate
04-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Flush line leaking at tank entry, dripping from underbelly. Apparently the female on the tank is bad

Sounds like a similar issue, kind of. In my case, the whole tank needs replacing because where it goes into the tank is not a fitting but actually for lack of better words, melted together.

yesiamapirate
04-14-2019, 09:02 AM
And yes, I was told the female on my tank was bad.

jayhancock
04-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Dealer told me they were ordering a new tank but the repair guy in the shop said they sent tank for repair? Any thoughts?

fable081
04-25-2019, 06:15 AM
I had the same problem on my 28RKS. When they cut open the under panel to drain the water and inspect the fitting the flush line was not fully connected to the Black Tank so the water was split between the tank and underbelly. Line repaired and belly dried out. Has been working good for a year now,