PDA

View Full Version : Dometic 310

Fishsizzle
04-12-2019, 12:00 PM
After a long sit at the dealer, we sprung a slight drip from our toilet. We generally leave a small heater in the trailer, I just blow our the lines and open up the low drains and throw some antifreeze in the drain traps.

Well, the valve for the 310 is simple enough to replace, but to get to was different as I was in the food poisoning-hurl position to replace the valve.
Had to use my camera in selfie mode to see where to put the screws, and the screws are a joke! They are cut shallow and hard to get a bite.

Anyway, done complaining, we are all happy. Now if HW would just get off the kick where the heat register comes out of the floor. It’s in the splash zone.

bobbecky
04-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Those screws are tough to get at. When I replaced our junk Thetford years ago, I didn’t notice that from the factory there weren’t any screws holding the valve in. A couple years ago, flushing was not as it had been, and I figured the valve was getting bad. It wasn’t until I was online looking for a replacement that I saw there were screws included with a new valve. I got to checking and discovered none and that the valve was drifting out, not being held in by the plastic tabs. I dug our a couple sheet metal screws and with a stubby screwdriver I was able to get the valve back in where it was supposed to be. Other than that, our 310 has worked great for about six years.

Alpine
04-14-2019, 08:43 PM
"Small world".... the original 310 was about 7 years old before I replaced it last month. Pulled the new 310 out of the box and bolted it down. Three weeks later noticed a slow drip around the pedal.... called Dometic sent a photo and they sent a new valve. When removing the valve there was only one screw instead of two, probably why it was not seated and leaking. Put in the new valve with "two screws" and voila, no leak. A little more quality control at Dometic could have saved them some money and me some grief!