PDA

View Full Version : Where is the GFI reset

OHIOJERRY
04-12-2019, 05:56 AM
2016 Outback 326RL. I have 2 AC outlets in the kitchen area that no longer have power. Both outlets have 'GFI PROTECTED' stickers on them. I don't see any reset buttons on them. I do see a GFI breaker in the breaker panel. But turning it off and back on doesn't repower the outlets. Help please.

Thank you

Logan X
04-12-2019, 05:58 AM
In my trailer, the only gfi outlet with a reset button is in the bathroom. This will reset all of the gfi outlets in my trailer.

OHIOJERRY
04-12-2019, 06:01 AM
Thanks Logan. You are correct. How dumb of me. Problem resolved.

Logan X
04-12-2019, 06:03 AM
Haha, that one took me several days to figure out on our second camping trip. I felt dumb and also relieved it was a simple fix. Take care!

JRTJH
04-12-2019, 07:00 AM
It's not just RV's that have "strange GFI routing"....

Our S&B house has 4 outlets on the outside walls. There's only 1 GFI and the rest "piggyback" off that device. We built this house to our specifications, so I can't blame anyone, but when the outlet on the outside of the garage end wall stopped working, "who'd-a thunk" that I'd have to reset the GFI by the crawlspace entrance ????? :facepalm:

MerlinB
04-12-2019, 09:52 AM
We built this house to our specifications, so I can't blame anyone, but when the outlet on the outside of the garage end wall stopped working, "who'd-a thunk" that I'd have to reset the GFI by the crawlspace entrance ????? :facepalm:

Hahaha, you think that's bad? I really got snookered by my builder. We have three bathrooms, two downstairs and one upstairs, and an outlet outside on the patio that are GFCI protected. Guess where the reset button is located.

Upstairs! Of course! :banghead:

Pull Toy
04-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Another unadvertised issue is that any outlet that you can access from the ground, as in lawn, dirt or cement etc. will also have to be GFI protected. This includes your basement and patio outlets, and the one most forgotten... the 110v refrigerator outlet hidden behind your access panel.

Good Luck,

Surferbill
04-12-2019, 02:09 PM
You don't want the refrigerator on a GFCI.

MerlinB
04-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Another unadvertised issue is that any outlet that you can access from the ground, as in lawn, dirt or cement etc. will also have to be GFI protected. This includes your basement and patio outlets, and the one most forgotten... the 110v refrigerator outlet hidden behind your access panel.

Good Luck,

Sorry, but the 120 volt AC outlet for the refrigerator in my 2016 Cougar 28SGS is not on the GFCI circuit.

It is on the same circuit breaker with the rest of the 120 volt AC outlets in the interior of the trailer.

PARAPTOR
04-12-2019, 05:06 PM
As added info some units do have multiple GFIs with each having a number of regular plugs daisy chained (protected) off of them (load side of the GFI). each of these regular plugs should be identified (labeled) as GFI protected. We all know how well Keystone labels things :banghead:

Extex89
09-07-2021, 09:55 AM
Has the same problem with my 2017 Cougar xlite. Read this hint, tried it and all outlets work now..thanks