PDA

View Full Version : Trekwood Rip off - Fuzion adjustable patio legs

jimthemosaicguy
04-10-2019, 07:06 AM
A few months ago I checked the Trekwood website for a pair of the adjustable patio legs for my 2016 Fuzion 416. (I found them under 2017) They were approx $300.00 a pair (150ea). I didn’t have the money until now so went to the website to order. The cost increased to $1,574.00 a pair (787ea) I am serious. Called Trekwood aka Tiara spoke with a girl who sent an email with a pic of the leg and confirmed the cost IS $787.00 per leg. See attached. I was told their price is based on Mfgr cost. Geez are they gold plated now?

I called the Keystone customer support. All they could say was - it sounded like it was a case of what the market will bear. Well - this market can’t bear that.

Does anyone have the adjustable legs and can take a pic of the mfgr info? I want to call them direct.

Laredo Tugger
04-10-2019, 07:45 AM
I was shopping for some hardware the other day in a Lowe's and could not find the parts I wanted,but had seen them there many times before. The clerk showed me the empty bins and said they are not getting restock orders filled. China evidently is holding sea-trains full of products because of tariffs, trade differences,politics ect...
Not sure if your product is in that mix, but that may explain price increases and non available stock on many RV parts in the future.
RMc

German Shepherd Guy
04-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Seems like a good fabrication shop could put those together for about what you were originally quoted. Maybe steel prices have gone through the roof??

Good luck, you are right in that doesn't seem correct.

JRTJH
04-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Laredo Tugger offered one potential reason for the price increase. I'll offer another:

When you first looked, Trekwood had 2,4 or more of the items in stock from a previous order. When you looked the second time, those items had been sold and no more are available in the supply system, so to produce one or two would mean a special order, special "one item" tooling (as the assembly line is no longer working). That would mean instead of pulling two from stock to send to you, the manufacturer, or whomever bought the blueprints, will have to tool, manufacture and assemble a "one time workorder" to fill your request. That is ALWAYS more expensive than building "a run of 100 or 1000 items".

Having worked in the aerospace industry, if it's on the shelf, it's relatively inexpensive. If it has to be manufactured for you as a "one time order" the price is substantially higher..... Maybe this is what you're seeing in the price increase???? Then again, maybe Trekwood is "just greedy"..... :whistling:

Javi
04-10-2019, 09:18 AM
Cold rolled steel prices have been stable at $54 - $58 a hundred weight for several months now.

jimthemosaicguy
04-10-2019, 09:23 AM
There was no mention that the existing shelf stock was sold out or that they would have to be special ordered.

JRTJH
04-10-2019, 09:29 AM
There was no mention that the existing shelf stock was sold out or that they would have to be special ordered.

Was there an annotation that "WASN'T" the situation? It was a hypothetical, I don't work for Trekwood and I don't (am not) defending their business practices.

bobbecky
04-10-2019, 11:40 AM
This may not exactly be the same as factory supplied, but this might work to do what you are needing, maybe with a little modification. https://www.campingworld.com/eaz-lift-slideout-supports-2-pack-109026.html

notanlines
04-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Jim, if you click on Bob's Camping World link you will see what could be even BETTER than the Trekwood product. At half the original price I might add.

MikeD3534
04-11-2019, 05:52 AM
Trekwood is outrageously expensive. period. shop around!

travelin texans
04-11-2019, 07:42 AM
From my experiences with Trekwood if the price isn't bad enough they gouge you with the shipping, some items cost 2-3 times their price to ship, while most other shops offer free shipping.