PDA

View Full Version : Out with tri fold, in with recliners

Leadfoot
04-09-2019, 05:06 AM
Want to replace the very uncomfortable trifold sofa in a 2016 rbpr bullet with powered recliners.
No issue fitting them in there but where would i get power from for the powered recliners?
I am not an electrician, but simple electrical doesnt bother me.

66joej
04-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC
If the recliners are going into a slide you normally don't see 110 outlets in slides. Why not just plug an extension into the nearest outlet after putting the slide out. If you go this route be sure to get wall hugger type recliners.
In our previous TT we went with manual La-z-boy recliners.
Some pics posted upside down but you get the idea.:D

Leadfoot
04-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks for your input, i guess that solution was too easy for me to think of, i thought it was going to be complicated, lol.

GMcKenzie
04-09-2019, 02:13 PM
I went with manual love seat dual recliners for when I don't have power available. But yeah, way more comfy that the dumb sofa/bed thing. I looked at power ones, but didn't find any that hugged the wall enough (I didn't look that hard) and found a love seat on clearance at the Brick one day. Fit like a glove, and way more comfy for napping in.

Leadfoot
04-10-2019, 05:40 AM
Ended up getting 2 recliners, non powered for exactly same reason, we sometimes camp out where there is no power.

Deero
04-19-2019, 09:03 AM
I was wondering was there any problem removing the old sofa through the door? I have been told that sometimes they install them before they close up the walls not sure if that’s right?

Frank G
04-19-2019, 10:29 AM
I was wondering was there any problem removing the old sofa through the door? I have been told that sometimes they install them before they close up the walls not sure if that’s right?

Most if not all RV furniture comes apart quite easily. The last sofa we removed we had to open it up and pull some pins to take it apart.

Leadfoot
04-20-2019, 06:27 AM
Removal was very easy, as Frank G said, just a couple pins to remove and the sofa was in 2 pieces making it easily fit through the door way.

GMcKenzie
04-21-2019, 05:22 AM

Getting the old one out was a piece of cake. Came apart easily. If it didn't, it was heading to the dump anyway and the saw would have come out.

Getting the new one in was a bit trickier, but the backs were already off for transport and it just took a bit of wiggling and compressing the armrests to get it in.