PDA

View Full Version : Advice on ice maker

woolfski
08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
1. Looking to buy a portable ice maker for my weekend outtings. Any suggestions on a good reliable ice maker is appreciated. Thanking you in advance for any assistance...

f350chief
08-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I purchased a Magic Chef from kohls and have had no problems with it. We have used it for two summers and it is great. I originally purchased an Emerson from Target and I never did get it to come on. If I had it to do again i would buy another Magic Chef.

ktmracer
08-24-2011, 05:07 PM
we have a Heir (sp?) ice maker. One thing we looked for was a reasonable size. some are pretty big, heir has one that is compact but still makes about 30lbs/day. been using it for a year now, works great. Sure saves on buying ice for the coolers

kingji
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
A guy I work with just got one. He goes to the bike rallies and ran across one there that he liked. He just pours bottled water in it. I'll get the brand and model and get back with you tomorrow. He said it was for work but I think he might have other intentions as well.
JK

mikell
08-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Our company is working on one as we speak. basically a garden hose hookup and a power cord.

Let me know what you would like to see and I'll pass it on.

Our basics are

12" or less wide nuder 30" tall

Folding handles on each side for lifting and tie down

big and or wide wheels

kingji
08-25-2011, 03:37 PM
The one my fellow worker got is a SPT (maker) and model IM-101. He said it had a lot of good reviews. He's got it on a counter top at work and just uses the purified water that we get in 5 gallon jugs as a supply.

JK