PDA

View Full Version : Cable

Chuckerin2011
04-08-2019, 10:58 AM
We have a keystone outback bh312. There are 3 hook ups for cable. The living works fine. I have been trying for years to get the bedroom and the outside to work and I can’t figure it out. I have taken the panel off to see if the cables were connected and they were. I have looked online and can’t figureit out. Please help!!!!

BamaRam
04-09-2019, 08:08 AM
On mine, the input cable goes to a plate with a small jumper, then to the air/cable switch. Once the cable leaves the switch, it goes into a splitter that is located within 12" of the switch. One side of the splitter goes to the main entertainment center and the other goes to the bunkhouse. At the bunkhouse, there is another splitter that takes the cable to the outside.

One thing you could do is take the switch out of the equation and connect the cables that are connected to the outputs of the first splitter directly to the input cable. This would determine if there is a problem in splitter.

Most likely it's going to be a bad connection at the splitter or the splitter itself.