PDA

View Full Version : Coleman - Mach with water dripping inside RV

chuckk11
04-07-2019, 02:04 PM
My AC unit is now leaking inside. This is not a roof leak, no rain outside. Must be condensation leak. I let unit run 8 minutes no condensation exited roof. Turned off unit, then water poured out drip hole. I pulled plastic cover off on roof. I could feel each drip hole and inserted pipe cleaner, no debris came out. I removed inside cover and tried to feel around and possibly locate drip hole. Found no water nor could I locate drip hole.
Any suggestions on what I can do to stop interior condensation flow? Thanks in advance for any help

chuckster57
04-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Have you checked the 4 long corner screws that hold the AC unit in place? The foam gasket needs to be about 1/2 of its original thickness.

chuckk11
04-08-2019, 04:27 AM
No I haven’t. Wasn’t sure what to do. How would I check? Pull unit? Please explain. Thanks

chuckster57
04-08-2019, 05:16 AM
Once you take the ceiling panel off, you should see a long screw at each corner of the roof opening with the 3/8” head. These screws go through the metal plate and pull the AC unit tight. If they are loose, water can get into the interior of the trailer.

chuckk11
04-15-2019, 01:49 PM
I called “the guy” aka RV mobile tech. He cleaned all 3 ac unit condenser fins, I’ll update post if that doesn’t fix the drip

chuckk11
04-30-2019, 03:25 AM
So cleaning of the coils didn’t help. He can back out and removed plastic cover and then metal cover. Electrical was check and pulling correct power. Could see water around condenser fins. Small amount would drain out yet still leaking inside. Any suggestions????

chuckk11
05-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Okay. So the RV guy comes out. The u it was sitting incorrectly and taped in wrong area. Blowing cold air now. [emoji106]

sgrol
05-06-2019, 06:07 PM
What does blowing cold air have to do with leaking water? Water leak problem was most likely what chuckster57 said - mounting bolts not tight enough. Likely to happen again down the road. I have had to tighten mine a couple of times due to water leaking inside like yours.

Ken / Claudia
05-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Chuckers advise was free and not even tried, highly an easy fix. Just phoned a RV guy to clean the A/C? that came out 2 times. Why ask for help?

chuckk11
05-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Chuckers advise was free and not even tried, highly an easy fix. Just phoned a RV guy to clean the A/C? that came out 2 times. Why ask for help?

Tried but didn’t work. Drain opening was also bored out. Just forgot to mention both. Okay?