PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky toilet seat

Janet794
04-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Another minor problem in our new TT is the toilet seat. OMG the noises while sitting on the seat. Anyone know, can I replace the plastic seat or replace the whole toilet ?

chuckster57
04-07-2019, 01:19 PM
You can replace the seat. Only thing you need to know is the seat round or oval.

beermanjoe
04-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Our new TT came with an all plastic toilet. I replaced it with a porcelain one. Went from a Dometic 300 to a 310. No more noise.

bobbecky
04-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Another minor problem in our new TT is the toilet seat. OMG the noises while sitting on the seat. Anyone know, can I replace the plastic seat or replace the whole toilet ?

Depending on where the noises are coming from, a new seat may not stop the noises:D

notanlines
04-09-2019, 02:32 AM
Man, I knew when Bob posted that this thread would go down the toilet....:hide:

Ken / Claudia
04-10-2019, 08:23 AM
I seen this and thought it was April fools joke. Now seeing the date I guess not.
Although I have never replaced a RV toilet seat, I have replaced many in my homes. Also have tightened them up from time to time when they need it. I suppose a issue would be the mounting screw holes, they would need to be the same as every other stick built home toilet seat, if not CW or the dealer will gladly sell anyone a new toilet seat or toilet with a new seat.

Glenda Clark
04-10-2019, 01:56 PM
My trouble is the flap won't shut all the way on mine when using the foot release to send it to the holding tank.
Only shuts half way. I end up using tissues to push it all the way closed.
No big deal.

notanlines
04-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Glenda, turn your water off temporarily, flush the commode, let it slide as far as it will go, close it however you have to. Pour about 1/4 cup of any cooking oil in the bottom of the commode, working it all around the edges. Use a pair of latex gloves if you have to, getting it in both the bottom and the top edges. work that shut-off foot pedal a number of times. It should improve the action.

Glenda Clark
04-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Well , shoot, I did what you suggested , it didn't work.
Will have to keep trying your method. Several times .

sourdough
04-10-2019, 04:24 PM

If a replacement seat is all you need I would heartily recomment the all wood, soft close type. Installed them in my home and wow! I love them. When I replaced the toilet in the RV it came with one. So nice! No more plastic, plastic clacking, creaking etc. If you replace the toilet look for a Dometic 310 with the soft close lid as we did - couldn't be happier.

happycampermp
04-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Ours was noisy for a bit but stopped after we "broke it in". Its quiet now 😊

Local150
04-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Just sit still lol

BSHGTO
04-22-2019, 05:12 AM
Just sit still lol

My thoughts exactly, but we all know " if the wife is not happy nobody is happy "

hankaye
04-22-2019, 06:30 AM
Janet794, Howdy;

Not all Toilet seats are created equal. They come in different sizes and you need to measure for the correct size as well as for the correct shape. Here's a link;
http://www.toiletseatfinder.com/how-to-measure-a-toilet-seat.html

hank

LHaven
04-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Have you tried the $2 solution -- spritzing teflon spray lube on the contact points between the seat and the bowl?

If it works (at least until the next time you wash down the unit and wash it off), you could invest in a roll of teflon adhesive tape and cut it to fit the contact points for a more permanent solution.

linux3
04-27-2019, 04:09 AM
When I see the title of this thread it brings a smile to my face.
Such a first world problem.
I grew up on a farm in Upstate NY and we didn't have indoor plumbing till I was 6 or 7. Winters in Upstate NY are cold!

I also smile because my wife complained and I spent too much time fixing the problem with teflon tape.

slow
04-27-2019, 04:32 AM
Are you sure it is the toilet seat not the joint of the plastic bowl to the plastic base making the noise? That was our issue. A 320 Dometic took care of the issue.

Ken / Claudia
04-27-2019, 08:07 AM
I am betting it just needs to be broken in, I have read on the web up to 100 uses the noise may stop. That's if the screws are tight.

Dogue
04-29-2019, 04:50 AM
I am betting it just needs to be broken in, I have read on the web up to 100 uses the noise may stop. That's if the screws are tight.
If it's on the interweb then it has to be true! :lol: