PDA

View Full Version : Fault on Bullet UltraLite KIB Control Panel

LeeB43
04-06-2019, 10:07 AM
My 2019 bullet 220 RBI is showing a fault on the control panel. If I’m reading it right, the fault is opposite the FULL indicator. I have been unable to find anything in my documentation. I’m hoping that someone can help me to clear this fault.

chuckster57
04-06-2019, 11:21 AM
The fault light is most likely for the LP side of the water heater. If the switch to turn in the LP side of the water heater is on that panel then I’m about 98% sure that’s what it is.

It lights when the water heater LP burner fails to light/stay lit. Turn the LP water heater switch OFF, wait 30 seconds and try again. If the fault light comes on again after 3 or 4 tries, post back for further help.

LeeB43
04-06-2019, 05:02 PM
As usual, Chuckster57, you nailed it. I turned off the Hot water heater LP gas And the fault light went off immediately and it’s not come back on. I usually use the electric heater but it seems I have a malfunction there. It only gets lukewarm no matter how long I let it run. So, LP it is until the electric gets rectified.

Thank you for the quick answer and of course the accuracy of it.

Mailmanphil
06-07-2023, 01:39 PM
I too have a fault light on KiB panel but I only use the electric water heater. Sometimes I reset and it's fine others not so much. It drives me crazy. Have noticed that sometimes the switch light flickers when I touch it.

bobbecky
06-07-2023, 05:46 PM
The lighted switches remain lit as long as they are turned on. The LED fault light for the water heater LP mode will come on momentarily as the burner is lighting and then goes off, unless the burner fails to light, and then the small LED light stays lit. Don't confuse the red light in the rocker switch for the LED fault light. This is a photo of our water heater switches, the electric mode is on and if the gas was on also it would be lit too. The fault light is the little red light that is not lit between the switches.