PDA

View Full Version : Hello Land Lubbers!

Bluwave
04-03-2019, 06:29 PM
I just SOLD my boat after owning several over the past 25 years, for a new life style. This is quite the culture shock! But, we're now ready to jump all in and do some traveling around the country (and then some) with a travel trailer.

For my first travel trailer I chose a new left-over 2018 Keystone Bullet 2070BH. Got a great deal on it and I like the lay-out.

Any rv'ing tips are most welcome. I may even take some of the advice from time to time. Thank you much.

Laredo Tugger
04-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Welcome,
Since boats and RVs share "service" designs (elctrical,plumbing,lighting and propane) none of that should be a problem for you to repair. But I know one thing you did not have on a (live on) boat was lug nuts and tire pressures. I guess your first advice would be to keep an eye on the lug nut torques and tire pressures. If you trailer-ed a lot of boats,then you are aware of this info. Always something neat to buy with these RVs,gadgets and such. A TPMS should be high on your list.
Safe travels.
RMc

sourdough
04-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Congrats on the trailer! We've got friends that we winter with in FL that recently moved to an RV from boat living. They spent years in the Virgin Islands then changed their lifestyle. They really enjoy the RV and says it gives them so much more space and conveniences - maybe you will find that too.

Bluwave
04-04-2019, 03:05 AM
Welcome,
Since boats and RVs share "service" designs (elctrical,plumbing,lighting and propane) none of that should be a problem for you to repair. But I know one thing you did not have on a (live on) boat was lug nuts and tire pressures. I guess your first advice would be to keep an eye on the lug nut torques and tire pressures. If you trailer-ed a lot of boats,then you are aware of this info. Always something neat to buy with these RVs,gadgets and such. A TPMS should be high on your list.
Safe travels.
RMcThank you, and that's excellent advice. Before I left the lot, I had a sway bar and brake assist installed. I took it home and added an electric jack stand and back-up camera.

Tires are a question. Are Rainier good tires? I have my doubts. I can only find them a Wal-Mart, but not in my size w/8 ply. I have (4) Rainier ST205/75R14 D-8 ply. The 14" 8 ply appear hard to find.

TJO
04-04-2019, 03:29 AM
Congrats on the new trailer. Hope you have thousands of miles of trouble free travels.

5J's
04-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Nice looking set up. Enjoy your new life style.

Pull Toy
04-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Land Yacht... Prairie Schooner, Boat we're all related, except that we don't rock quite as much! LOL

Welcome from Connecticut, and Good Luck,

German Shepherd Guy
04-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Thank you, and that's excellent advice. Before I left the lot, I had a sway bar and brake assist installed. I took it home and added an electric jack stand and back-up camera.

Tires are a question. Are Rainier good tires? I have my doubts. I can only find them a Wal-Mart, but not in my size w/8 ply. I have (4) Rainier ST205/75R14 D-8 ply. The 14" 8 ply appear hard to find.

I just replaced my Rainiers. They were "brand new" with my trailer. The born on date was early 2016. No the trailer was not a 2016 but a new 2018.

I think your doubts are justified. :cool:
I replaced with 215/75R14 Goodyear Endurance, but there are many brands folks recommend on this site.

Welcome to the site. Nice looking rig.

Oak

Chris P
04-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Really nice set up, We also gave up the boat and are happy we did.Welcome to the forum from New Jersey

Gegrad
04-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Welcome from North Carolina!

Bluwave
04-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Thank you all for the welcome. Great crowd here, I see.

gregrc75
04-05-2019, 03:39 AM
Welcome from coastal MA! Lots of boats in town and not too many campers.

Rqueen
04-21-2019, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the forum. I bought a Keystone Bullet 2070BH last year and though we only got to use it a couple of times, we plan on using it a lot this summer. We like it and hope it gives us good service. Safe travels!

Geronimo
04-21-2019, 02:13 PM
I sold my boat and bought a TT. Not much difference in maintenance. Enjoy your land yacht.

Local150
04-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the site,, there is an Abundance of info on here,, enjoy

Travelinlou
04-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Welcome, we lived aboard for several years and still miss the rocking and wave noises on the hull. The good news is Boondocking with your size of trailer should offer some great experiences. We do it with our 33’ toy hauler and have enjoyed lots of places and through Boondockers, met some great friends. Have fun out there.